Login

russian armor

USF is not fun

6 Aug 2014, 07:51 AM

If you manage to keep your vet3 BAR/1919 Rifles alive and are halfway decent at microing two Jacksons, then there's nothing you can't take on late game.

I seriously don't see how Rifles don't scale well late game? I mean you have nothing to spend your muni on except the guns from the weapon racks. Their 5 man squadsize is optimal imo, you fit in pretty much every cover but still have that special dude that always survives the nade/tankshell/whatever explosive.

As for the lategame sacling of grenadiers, their low squadsize makes them disappear pretty quickly late game, when the heavy hitters start rolling out.

As for the USF indirect fire. Yes the Mortar Halftrack needs a buff, but the pack howie is nothing short of awesome. I build it pretty much every game and it rarely ever finishes the game without vet2.

Edit: This is from a 2v2 perspective.

They doesn't scale well because their vet 3 only give them more damage output instead of accuracy like most grens, cons, and volks. It's reasonable since rifle has semi-auto rifle, but it makes rifle suffer the late game since most fight will took at long range and without much cover (mostly yellow or even none).
And their vet2 doesn't increase their survivability as much as grenadier's vet 3 does, they are still fragile as fk.

I would say rifleman scaled pretty well but definitely no better than OST and OKW.
6 Aug 2014, 09:33 AM

Double 1919 on rifles, gg.
6 Aug 2014, 10:18 AM

They doesn't scale well because their vet 3 only give them more damage output instead of accuracy like most grens, cons, and volks. It's reasonable since rifle has semi-auto rifle, but it makes rifle suffer the late game since most fight will took at long range and without much cover (mostly yellow or even none).
And their vet2 doesn't increase their survivability as much as grenadier's vet 3 does, they are still fragile as fk.

I would say rifleman scaled pretty well but definitely no better than OST and OKW.

Grens are fragile, rifles are not. That's the reason why the gren vet bonuses aim at survivability and the rifle's bonus doesn't.
6 Aug 2014, 10:21 AM

I actually can't believe what I just read there...

You must be the first and only person I have ever come across to say that blobbing grenadiers is an effective tactic vs the USF? I mean wow. Double bars will out DPS grens at any distance not to mention the fact they fire on the move.

I have to agree with Cruzz on this one.

Double BARs will very barely beat LMG42s at long range. Not to even speak of the cost of upgrading two BARs compared to upgrading one LMG-42 per squad... My experience with Gren/Rifle balance is that Grens screw Rifles hard at long range: More so with the LMG-42. Most 2v2 maps favor long range combat and the same is true for about half the 1v1 map roster.

Anything less than a blob of duel equip LMG rifles will generally lose to an LMG-42 blob.
6 Aug 2014, 15:29 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Aug 2014, 10:21 AMAlbus

I have to agree with Cruzz on this one.

Double BARs will very barely beat LMG42s at long range. Not to even speak of the cost of upgrading two BARs compared to upgrading one LMG-42 per squad... My experience with Gren/Rifle balance is that Grens screw Rifles hard at long range: More so with the LMG-42. Most 2v2 maps favor long range combat and the same is true for about half the 1v1 map roster.

Anything less than a blob of duel equip LMG rifles will generally lose to an LMG-42 blob.

Pretty much nailed it, and there is always a vet Mg-42 ready to insta-pin the US blob if the grens can't stop them. US armor is too fragile to withstand the PAK's damange and range and can't do shit vs the Tiger.

Rifle's frag nades do shit as it takes ages to throw and more then 1 second to explode, so dealing with early-garrisons is pain in the ass.

So yeah: Either spam 1919s or get rifle company and pray. :P
6 Aug 2014, 18:52 PM

Permanently Banned
What the USF NEEDS..

1. M26 PERSHING
2. A captain-like and lieutenant-like squad that can be preduced MORE THAN ONCE.
3. ALSO plz add a thomson gun rack to replace the 1919's with a new commander! (this will really help in close maps.

lastley to all of you saying that rifles scale well in late game is a JOKE. while ur trying to manage ur fragile tanks ur squads get wiped by OKW elite troops and LMG grens. USF requires way to much baby sitting. With OKW and wermach all u have to do is put ur infrantry in a section of the map with an MG and pack to cover them. then u dont even have to worry about them, And rifles with bazooka become usless in the late in mid game, they can no longer fight infantry with zooks. this is really bad especially since germans can field elite troops

The USF faction in generally is very, spammy ,blobby, and boreing, and this is y when ever I log on I see 80% axis and 20% allies. i was very excited to see the USF making a return but not in this way. :(
7 Aug 2014, 01:41 AM

Grens are fragile, rifles are not. That's the reason why the gren vet bonuses aim at survivability and the rifle's bonus doesn't.

Grens are fragile, maybe (when compared to OKW). But rifle are not fragile? They are the most fragile models I ever seen since penal squad.
Sure, having one more models may seem more durable but they dies like flies once German infantries hit the vet or get out their AI weapon (e.g LMG42), the MP drain is insane.
I used to think US rifles are much freaking durable than Grens too, until I bought WFA, tried out USF and realize how much baby sitting they required and how vulnerable they are.

But, after all I don't really care if rifles are fragile or not.
What makes USF not fun for me is literally whenever I try to put those retarded rifles and paratroopers in green cover or yellow cover, and when rifles stuck at the base(especially when the weapon rack is on the opposite side) , I just want to quit the game and play something else. Thus the lack of variety of infantries compared to other factions keeps me away from playing USF.
8 Aug 2014, 03:28 AM

Permanently Banned
USF is not fun due to the simple fact is their faction centres around one OP infantry unit and i think we all know what that is.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★