Login

russian armor

Allied Medium Tanks Overperforming/too spammable?

PAGES (8)down
27 Jul 2014, 14:35 PM

Exactly panther can only be used in kiting role in defense.Its a useless tank hunter to anything over vanilla t-34 and shermans,needs spotter mostly superficial range and penetration,worst DPS,shit accuracy especially on the move and has to flee from the first at gun or bazooka.
Range and pen ,and tehse words like sniper tank are just excuses of allied fanboys to keep panther extinct.I will use a pak and stug as sniper for its DPS thank you.Anything less than an is-2 can handle easy and more reliably.And for is-2 it comes late enough for tiger and not many use it.
Fix panther accuracy,nerf range to 40 coz its useless,and pentration lowered to 200-220 and price 155 fuel.
27 Jul 2014, 14:41 PM

Exactly panther can only be used in kiting role in defense.Its a useless tank hunter to anything over vanilla t-34 and shermans,needs spotter mostly superficial range and penetration,worst DPS,shit accuracy especially on the move and has to flee from the first at gun or bazooka.
Range and pen ,and tehse words like sniper tank are just excuses of allied fanboys to keep panther extinct.I will use a pak and stug as sniper for its DPS thank you.Anything less than an is-2 can handle easy and more reliably.And for is-2 it comes late enough for tiger and not many use it.
Fix panther accuracy,nerf range to 40 coz its useless,and pentration lowered to 200-220 and price 155 fuel.

Oh ffs this is so much bull I can barely imagine what goes through your head.

The difference is that StuG have no health or turret or armour, AT guns are slow as balls and can be infantry wiped, and 50 range is only useless if you're criminally incompetent
27 Jul 2014, 14:52 PM

Oh ffs this is so much bull I can barely imagine what goes through your head.

The difference is that StuG have no health or turret or armour, AT guns are slow as balls and can be infantry wiped, and 50 range is only useless if you're criminally incompetent

Oh plz,just see thats actually what bulk of ost players do.Stugs and paks combo or pz 4 paks into tiger.Not the glorified meatshield that is the panther that can't kill shit due to its DPS.Cover stgs or p4 with paks and far better results.Why pay 175 fuel and tech costs for defence only shit tank that also useless vs infantry?
No 50 range is useless when u need a spotter making it useless offensively,when ur accuracy is the butt of jokes and when ur competitors are fast enough to make it irrelevant by closing unless ur fighting on a closed lane or defensively,for which again i'll just get the pak with support.
So keep ur bull to urself.Guys like u float out these worthless attributes range and pen to keep this unit extinct while OP costeffective E8 and t-34/85 are perfectly fine.Nerfing both its range and penetartion would change very little to the actual battlefield effectiveness of panther..just take away these xcuses plz.Its a glorified meatshield ,and mobile defensive cannon thats all.Nothing more.
27 Jul 2014, 15:33 PM

I totally agree with austerlitz there. The 50 range argument sounds like an excuse. The only time you can actually use that without risking a spotting unit to get wiped, is on the defensive with doctrinal scopes.

That being said I much rather prefer to build two Paks or two StuGs for defensive duties.

The Panther is a shit tank, that can´t attack. Nerf its range to 40 and give it useful stats.
Vaz
27 Jul 2014, 15:49 PM

This thread I truly thought was a joke/troll thread, but you guys are serious. Can anyone be more specific about what allied mediums have that are so overperforming compared to axis tanks? When I look through the states, axis has the very best tanks. Best penetration, speed, armor, and damage. With a little support, the monster tanks ate extremely difficult to beat, so I would like to know some specifics on what is so powerful with allied tanks. They are all cheap shit to me.
27 Jul 2014, 17:16 PM

there is no question that e8 is way over performing for cost. t34/85 needs price increase. Brachiaraidos is very very very biased. panther is crap compared to e8 and t34. it can hit shit. kiting with it is impossible due to moving penalty. 50 range is a fucking joke if you can't use it.
I do like the idea of having to at least tech up to gain access to units. ie t-34 requires t4 sov building. tiger needs t4 germans researched. double p4 should be second truck after conversion to building.
27 Jul 2014, 17:30 PM

Range in the meta right now is very wonky, blobbing with medium to close range weapons is so good that range is underwhelming and not attractive. The only range that matters right now is the Katyusha and Stuka for anti-blobbing and both have separate arguments attached to them. For tanks however the generally faster allied tanks make the "range" of German tanks worthless.
27 Jul 2014, 17:35 PM

Keep it Civil guys, if need be I will ask mods to remove/edit comments that attack other's or are just thread trolling. Let's discuss this like Adults.

I still think Tech cost tied to call in's and some kind of buff to Panther would fix almost every issue with tanks/late game. I'm liking the look of range to 40 and buff it's long range/moving accuracy. Means we still need to use it properly with it's frontal armour, but if it get's chased or is chasing something it won't be totally useless.

Yes Axis Heavies may have the best "stats" but that doesn't really mean anything when it is 1 vs 3/4 other tanks, even with AT support.
27 Jul 2014, 17:43 PM
Developer Relic Badge

I'd rather buff its rate of fire and accuracy on the move then turn it to a range 40 tank. That tank is absolutely RNG when it takes hit from AT fire and other tanks while not having the HP pool of the Tiger.
27 Jul 2014, 17:46 PM

RoF and Accuracy could do but it'd probably need to cost more. And it'd be too powerful with Tiger HP. Altho I think it should have a little more than it currently does, as it does die rather fast when things do penetrate.
27 Jul 2014, 18:08 PM

The E8 is not even slightly overperforming. It isn't spammable, it doesn't do too much damage, it doesn't have too much armour or health, and it doesn't have too much penetration. For what it is, a mid game tank that gets countered by the next tank up, it's a perfectly fine tank.

Panthers are also fucking awesome, don't know what you people are talking about.
27 Jul 2014, 18:12 PM

The E8 is not even slightly overperforming. It isn't spammable, it doesn't do too much damage, it doesn't have too much armour or health, and it doesn't have too much penetration. For what it is, a mid game tank that gets countered by the next tank up, it's a perfectly fine tank.

Panthers are also fucking awesome, don't know what you people are talking about.

i wished i played that game it sounds fun. you must be vs ai?
27 Jul 2014, 18:16 PM

It's called Company of Heroes 2, you can buy it on Steam.
27 Jul 2014, 19:05 PM

It's called Company of Heroes 2, you can buy it on Steam.

The coh 2 stats say your wrong. and thats about as much effort i want use on your biased non sense.
27 Jul 2014, 19:10 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Jul 2014, 19:05 PMJaigen

The coh 2 stats say your wrong. and thats about as much effort i want use on your biased non sense.

What magical stats are these?

Probably the same stats that tell you a Panther shits on just about any other tank in the game except for the best superheavies.
27 Jul 2014, 19:13 PM

Panther awesome and E8 perfectly fine :snfPeter::snfPeter:
27 Jul 2014, 19:20 PM

What magical stats are these?

Probably the same stats that tell you a Panther shits on just about any other tank in the game except for the best superheavies.

Yeah thats is its task because it completely lacks any form of decent AI safe for its mg upgrade. its their to fuck up tanks if it struggles against medium tanks i might just as well buy a puma.
its only good as a meat shield and i rather have a KT for that.
27 Jul 2014, 19:35 PM

There's no reason EZ8s should come any earlier in CPs than T34/85s.

There's no reason why the Ostheer Panther should have significantly worse stats even at vet0 than the OKW Panther, and the unit could use those stat buffs rather than the OKW version getting nerfed down to the Ostheer level.
27 Jul 2014, 19:38 PM
Developer Relic Badge

That stat buff from the OKW Panther to the Ostheer Panther would be pretty nice and make it a far better mobile tank destroyer than what we have. 40% better accuracy and 30% better accuracy on the move, if I recall correctly from the previous thread? Yes, please.
PAGES (8)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 27
Netherlands 16
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %