Login

russian armor

Wierd camera work

26 Jul 2014, 11:05 AM

So, it happens to me like 1/50 games but still...
Do you experienced situation when just at the beginning camera is "unlocked" and every movement of the mouse change the view? Well it wouldn't be anything special but I can't lock down camera by 2x backspace, I can't write, I can't pop up menu, nothing. The olny way is to plug out network.
26 Jul 2014, 11:08 AM
Developer Relic Badge
Donator 11

It happens when you use ALT-TAB. Just press the ALT button once and it will fix itself ;)
26 Jul 2014, 11:13 AM

Not sure if what Marcus said works but it does indeed happen because of Alt-Tab. Using Alt + Enter to switch to windowed and then switching back to fullscreen (Alt + Enter) fixes it for me.

Plug out network? Are you aware that you're giving your opponent an unnecessary dispute?
26 Jul 2014, 11:20 AM

It does, just press Alt and Backspace to stop the "Free" Camera and to also reset view.
26 Jul 2014, 11:27 AM

Permanently Banned
Simply do an ALT - TAB and it's fixed. :) Still very annoying tho
26 Jul 2014, 12:53 PM

Tried, but does not work. With alt+tab there is different problem. Usually when matching I use alt+tab and do something else. When I see loading green bar I go back to CoH but sometimes CoH is bigger than the screen at te bottom. It isnt a big issue but I can't go down with mouse (need to use keyboard). I can go left, right, up but not down, and alt+tb isn't helpful.
_________
Yes, plug out cause I can't do anything. Can't pop up menu, can't write, can't play.
26 Jul 2014, 13:01 PM

To prevent any of these, I suggest using Alt + Enter instead of Alt-Tab. When you want to do something outside the game, use Alt + Enter to switch the game to windowed mode. You can even push the window to the side so you can still see when the loading screen starts. When you want back in game, reselect the window and use the same hotkey to switch back. It prevents all those problems.
26 Jul 2014, 23:25 PM
Donator 33

It's a Coh1 bug. Usually I hit Alt, then Backspace a few times, Alt-tab twice and finally Alt-enter if it's gone windowed by this stage.

No idea which bit is necessary but hey it works every time :D

roflcat's suggestion sounds more sensible.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 55
unknown 14
Russian Federation 8
United States 14

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %