Login

russian armor

Unofficial Beta Anouncements Up

28 Mar 2013, 14:57 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Mar 2013, 16:01 PMTommy
this is the official word

Hello everyone,

This morning we are proud to announce that on Tuesday, April 2nd, the Company of Heroes 2 Closed Beta will begin! For those of you counting, that's only four days away!

Closed Beta will be limited to pre-order customers only. THQ code holders (from shows like Eurogamer Expo) will be phased in shortly later. We are showing priority to our pre-order customers as a thank you for supporting us.

You can see more details on the closed beta, including some bits on the game modes that will be available, in our official press release or on SEGA blogs.

Also, we will be giving details on the private closed beta subforum soon. We will be using the official SEGA forums as the private beta tester forum platform to prevent the issues we had while trying to use our own forums for the Alpha Stress Test. I can promise you that if you're playing, you'll have access this time.

http://community.companyofheroes.com/forums/company-of-heroes-2-discussion/topics/Company-of-Heroes-2-closed-beta-starts-next-week

Edited for official announcement.
28 Mar 2013, 15:06 PM
Senior Caster Badge

And the official beta announcement is up right here:

http://www.companyofheroes.com/

lol just kidding 404
28 Mar 2013, 15:14 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

In a note sent to VG247 today, publisher Sega confirmed that the multiplayer beta would last two weeks and cover six of the game’s competitive maps, playable across 1v1, 2v2, 3v3 and 4v4 modes. Players can also level up to level 40 and customise their loud-out using the all new Army Customiser tool.

2 weeks? I hope that's wrong.
28 Mar 2013, 15:16 PM
Honorary Member Badge

I think it will start April 2nd for pre-orders, rest of the beta-keys (public beta) goes live on the 21st.
28 Mar 2013, 15:16 PM
Honorary Member Badge

closed beta 2 weeks, followed by open beta?!
28 Mar 2013, 15:19 PM

Who knows... those 2 links seem like they got different letters from Relic. Some clarity would be nice.

Yea.. Lynx/Noun wake up :P
28 Mar 2013, 15:19 PM
28 Mar 2013, 15:22 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

So... beta for pre-order customers starts Apr.2, and for those that had keys and were in the alpha?
28 Mar 2013, 15:25 PM

So... beta for pre-order customers starts Apr.2, and for those that had keys and were in the alpha?

Sounds like pre-orders will get access on April 2nd, and the rest of the beta keys given out will get access at a later date. I guess just have to wait for them to confirm details. It's not really to detailed.
28 Mar 2013, 15:31 PM

About damn time!! :drool: :thumb:
28 Mar 2013, 15:38 PM
Honorary Member Badge

28 Mar 2013, 15:56 PM

closed beta 2 weeks, followed by open beta?!

It says:
This first phase of the closed beta will be open to eligible pre-order customers
only. There will be a second phase in the coming weeks where a wider audience
will get a chance to take part. For more information keep watching
www.companyofheroes.com.

So it may still be a closed beta and they will hand out more keys to facebook/twitter-followers.

Closed Beta will be limited to pre-order customers only. THQ code holders (from shows like Eurogamer Expo) will be phased in shortly later. We are showing priority to our pre-order customers as a thank you for supporting us.
28 Mar 2013, 16:01 PM

this is the official word

http://community.companyofheroes.com/forums/company-of-heroes-2-discussion/topics/Company-of-Heroes-2-closed-beta-starts-next-week

Hello everyone,

This morning we are proud to announce that on Tuesday, April 2nd, the Company of Heroes 2 Closed Beta will begin! For those of you counting, that's only four days away!

You can see more details on the closed beta, including some bits on the game modes that will be available, in our official press release or on SEGA blogs.

Also, we will be giving details on the private closed beta subforum soon. We will be using the official SEGA forums as the private beta tester forum platform to prevent the issues we had while trying to use our own forums for the Alpha Stress Test. I can promise you that if you're playing, you'll have access this time.
28 Mar 2013, 16:01 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Mar 2013, 15:56 PMUmbert

I guess all alpha-players, pre-orderers and show-attendees will be able to play at 2nd of April

I hope that's the case, but I fear it won't be.

edit: tommy's link confirms that's not the case. :(
28 Mar 2013, 16:04 PM
Honorary Member Badge

Still nothing specific on alpha players tbh. Alpha keys aren't the same as eurogamer keys, right?
28 Mar 2013, 16:06 PM

I hope that's the case, but I fear it won't be.

edit: tommy's link confirms that's not the case. :(

But alpha-players are not specifically mentioned so there might be hope (for me and other alpha invitees).

(edited my post)
28 Mar 2013, 16:10 PM
Honorary Member Badge

Just checked it with Lynx. Pre-order only..

17:06 - WmD GeneralHell: 1 quick question
17:06 - WmD GeneralHell: alpha stress test players, do they get access on April 2nd?
17:06 - WmD GeneralHell: or April 21st?
17:08 - ]UPS[Lynx: no, it's pre-order customers only
28 Mar 2013, 16:16 PM

What if i preorder from steam before 2nd april ?
28 Mar 2013, 16:19 PM

Then you'll be in the beta starting on the 2nd. Only problem is the price has been set at £40 which is about £10 too much for me to hit the button without hesitation.
28 Mar 2013, 16:41 PM

So i finnaly get a reward for preordering. I think thats fair and i cant wait for Apri 2nd. Was so sad that i couldnt play the Alpha.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★