Login

russian armor

Trading Scheme

17 Jul 2014, 17:14 PM

I see a lot of the arguments pertaining to the War Spoils system assumes at least one of two things:

1) The extra crap will eventually be put on sale
2) There will be a trading system to deal with our duplicates

While the former may have a few asterisks attached as there is a bit of scuttlebutt about "War Spoils exclusive" crap and why there'd be a waiting period before offering them for sale in the first place, I'm trying to wrap my mind around how the latter would work. The way I see it, if a trading system is introduced, this is what it will look like:

10,000+ players: "WTT all my useless duplicates for all the new commanders."
100 players: "Oh, I just so happen to have some duplicates of the new commanders! Here ya go - just give me literally everything you have."
9,900+ players: "Wow, you really took them for a lot! But... what about me?"
100 players: "Sorry. You're out of luck."
9,900+ players: "Aww."

Some other concerns come to mind: Being that the old paint schemes and commanders are still for sale, can they be traded, too? Like, can you spend money on duplicates of them with the intention of trading them with people who are new to the original game? If so, will a "new commanders for old players for old commanders for new players" swap commence? Would this be a back door to just paying for new commanders?
17 Jul 2014, 19:27 PM

Yes, no one in their right mind would trade their hard earned (?) war spoil commanders for some crappy bulletins or skins they already own. As it is now, duplicates have no value at all. There may be a small chance someone would trade his duplicate commander for that special faceplate or victory strike, but then again, what are the odds..
17 Jul 2014, 19:29 PM

May the odds be ever in your favor.
17 Jul 2014, 19:44 PM

It needs a forge/craft system where you can do things like transmute 3 useless duplicated common bulletins into a random uncommon item, and so on.

Almost no one will ever trade anything remotely useful for a shitty faceplate, so trading wont solve this issue alone.
17 Jul 2014, 22:39 PM

It needs a forge/craft system where you can do things like transmute 3 useless duplicated common bulletins into a random uncommon item, and so on.

I can already imagine:

Three hours gameplay per common item.
Three common items for one uncommon item.
Three uncommon items for one rare item.
Three rare items for a commander.

3*3*3*3=81*8=648 hours to grind all the new commanders.

And the sick thing? That's still better than the current system.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★