Login

russian armor

Medics

• This thread is locked
20 Nov 2012, 02:44 AM

Anyone else going to miss medics?

I think they are fantastic, they really add a unique interesting dynamic to the game.

I think it's a mistake not to have them, in their current balance they work very well. (maybe could increase respawn time slightly)

20 Nov 2012, 03:09 AM

Yea im going to miss medics. They caused me alot of grief and joy in coh, but it's not going to be the same game without them. I do wish they put medics in CoH 2 since it makes it easier to comeback which are usually fun to see. It keeps the games interesting.
20 Nov 2012, 05:41 AM

Nope, they were so horribly balanced and implemented so long.
20 Nov 2012, 05:44 AM

Never liked the idea of losing units = more better units. I would be happy if any new wehr medic bunker acts like a super healing house instead.
20 Nov 2012, 05:44 AM

RIP my brave zombie factor workers :(
20 Nov 2012, 06:00 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Nov 2012, 02:44 AMHeathen
Anyone else going to miss medics?

I think they are fantastic, they really add a unique interesting dynamic to the game.

I think it's a mistake not to have them, in their current balance they work very well. (maybe could increase respawn time slightly)

Having medics with the Russian units would be too OP (I think) Russian units are larger so likely to be weaker but would mean that Russians always got free units, is it Wehr? Not sure but Germans would get few.
20 Nov 2012, 13:35 PM

Medics is something i will be glad to not see in COH2, I can't remember how many times i have lost a match because of a Wehrmacht player getting rewarded for losing units by getting delivered new fresh one, and if their vet 3 which they usually are that's another kick to the balls.
I always though it was a stupid and a very exploitable mechanic in the game and i'm glad to see it gone in coh2.
20 Nov 2012, 14:21 PM

If they balanced it better I would like it. As in making it a heavy investment that you had to protect for a long time to get any profit from (kind of like how you have to keep a sniper alive for several engagements for him to pay off)

Medics ad a unique and very cool variable to the game and I think that if they could've balanced them out it could've been a interesting feature to have. Though I think that the change of style that CoH 2 seem to have (looks a bit more fast paced) will make medics something that wouldn't have fit anyways. :)
20 Nov 2012, 16:53 PM
Caster Badge

I'll miss them, they added a lot to the game, a sense of attrition, a more tangible feeling to the game. And it balanced out some of all those things that could wipe out an entire squad in the blink of an eye. And question becomes if artillery will become just a little less powerful to compensate for that
20 Nov 2012, 17:56 PM

Medics are part of what made CoH different from other RTS games I have played. I will miss them.
20 Nov 2012, 18:04 PM

I'll miss them, they added a lot to the game, a sense of attrition, a more tangible feeling to the game. And it balanced out some of all those things that could wipe out an entire squad in the blink of an eye. And question becomes if artillery will become just a little less powerful to compensate for that

Honestly I hope artillery is weakened either way.
20 Nov 2012, 18:23 PM
Caster Badge

20 Nov 2012, 18:23 PM

I will miss them. Should just have been a small % MP refund for whatever kind of troop was put into the Medbunker. Obviously turning Volks into Grens was bad.
20 Nov 2012, 21:44 PM
Strategist Badge
Donator 11

I will miss medics. They brought an extra dynamic into the game but the free gren/rifle/tommy needed to be nerfed. Have something out of OMGMod where you got walking wounded squads which had major penalties.
20 Nov 2012, 23:55 PM

I'm glad they are gone. No more campy wehr medic bunker spam.
23 Nov 2012, 01:44 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Nov 2012, 18:23 PMKolaris
I will miss them. Should just have been a small % MP refund for whatever kind of troop was put into the Medbunker. Obviously turning Volks into Grens was bad.

Yeah, I was thinking about a manpower receive for CoH2. Free Zombies was stupid, but some kind of reward that you take care of your wounded soldiers would have been nice. Especially because medics were an important part in ww2 warfare.

Greets
Schepp himself
Only Relic postRelic 23 Nov 2012, 07:49 AM
Developer Relic Badge

Unfortunately, no-one ever gave the Soviet medics the Resurrection IV drip; and the Germans figured it was only fair that if the Russians could not bring back the dead, they wouldn't either.

(Besides, there's nothing more annoying than trying to keep an eye out for approaching enemies while your sergeant tries to gnaw on your brain.
23 Nov 2012, 11:37 AM
Caster Badge

I'll still miss them. And yeah, Volksgrenadiers into Grenadiers was bad. No way around that one.

But again, as long as things that make squads go splat are limited, or at least equal (as they quite weren't in CoH) then it'll be alright i suppose.
23 Nov 2012, 12:59 PM

i think medics are not needed in coh2, the reason for this is simple. Germans was agrressor on soviets, its not like in france where they were defenders + they will get vet throug battle so camping here really wouldend fit in game so much like in coh1. Its good to see that axis will be played more agresivly and searching for kill in the battlefild.
Probably med bunker will be replaced with some new ability
23 Nov 2012, 18:41 PM

Unfortunately, no-one ever gave the Soviet medics the Resurrection IV drip; and the Germans figured it was only fair that if the Russians could not bring back the dead, they wouldn't either.

(Besides, there's nothing more annoying than trying to keep an eye out for approaching enemies while your sergeant tries to gnaw on your brain.

So there will be a Zombie-Mod-DLC?! Nice!

Greets
Schepp himself
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight