Login

russian armor

Tribes: Ascend

15 Mar 2013, 21:03 PM

coh2.org player-list (please post your in-game name in this topic!):
TZer0 - TZer0

Feel free to add anyone on this list if you wish to play. You can also PM me on Steam. At this point I'm not sure if I'm going to say that we should use the official coh2.org-mumble-server or my private. We'll see.

What is it about?
First-person shooter, mostly capture the flag. Blood Eagle (baddies) vs. Diamond Sword

What sets it apart from other games in the genre?
Map-size, the classes and the way the game is played.

Every class is capable of two things: sliding along the ground with zero friction (also called skiing) and using their jetpack. This changes combat and gameplay drastically compared to other games.

Good flag carriers are expected to hit the flag at 300 Sanics (same as km/h, but fits the lore) or more!

There are nine classes in total - each with different strengths and weaknesses.

Price
The game itself is free.

There's a gold and XP-system in place. Gold is used to purchase weapons, voice packs and skins as well as XP-boosters. XP can be used to purchase weapons or master weapons (never do this, as any XP gained using a class which is currently carrying that weapon also goes towards mastering weapons used). There's also a GOTY-edition on Steam which is the best deal if you want all the weapons and perks.

If you wish to try the game, I'd greatly appreciate if you click here to register using my referral link giving me 5000 xp (not very much) if you reach level 6.

Upsides
  • The game has a lot of challenges - the different classes provide different play-styles, handing a jetpack and hitting enemies midair is challenging to put it mildly and the team tactics are hard to pull off.
  • I have yet to be called a fag or similar insults. The only "insult" which is prevalent is being called a llama.
  • The voice game system (press v to bring up a voice game system, press subsequent letters to make your character taunt, issue commands, warn allies etc.)
  • Grabbing the flag at 300 Sanics+ is as satisfying as clearing the enemy base.
  • There will be updates.
  • A lot of weapons
  • TotalBiscuit voice pack

Downsides
  • The game may be considered a bit pay to win.
  • Sometimes teams reek. You might end up with a game where your team is grabbing the flag at 100 Sanics (with you shouting VFF several times as it happens) and the enemy team literally taking over your base and having a big disco party in your generator room.

Dos and don'ts
Don'ts:
Don't grab the flag, unless one or more of the following conditions apply (this is critical!):
  • You are a Pathfinder grabbing the flag at 200 Sanics (preferably 300 or higher)
  • The enemy team is about to cap the flag
  • There are NO pathfinders on your team
  • The flag has been dropped in the midfield or close to your flag

Anything else is considered "llama-ing" (it earns you the accolade llama-grab as an insult)
Don't engage foes which you have little hope of defeating. Fighting a Brute (indoor-clearing class) indoors as a Sentinel (sniper) is a horrible idea. I think you get the picture
The best game mode is called capture the flag, not capture the generator

Dos:
Watch the voice commands. People shouting VFF ("I have the flag!") are inbound on the enemy flag stand. Do your best to mess up the enemy defense in this situation if you are nearby. Throw grenades or shoot. Draw the enemy away from the flag stand.
Act as a team - repair and upgrade your base, listen for VFT ("Take the flag for me!") or commands like VDG ("Defend our generator!"), clear the stand for flag runners and help defend your flag.

Please let me know if I have forgotten something
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 921
unknown 8
Canada 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %