Login

russian armor

1 line of speech and I'll put my fav in the game...

14 Mar 2013, 03:54 AM

Twitter contest; 1 line of speech and I'll put my fav in the game in final record. Make it in combat, background chatter, either Army.

https://twitter.com/QuinnDuffy/status/311306797988331520

Ready?

1, 2, 3 ...

GO!
14 Mar 2013, 04:33 AM

It's worth noting that the ones so far have kind of sucked (mine included)
14 Mar 2013, 11:54 AM
Donator 11

I must disagree Plexy. If you take time to browse through Qvazar's tweets you can find some really good ones. Dane's line was pretty good too.
14 Mar 2013, 12:38 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

I like that Quinn is using twitter to engage CoH fans. Very cool. Some great lines submitted so far.

:thumbsup:
14 Mar 2013, 13:18 PM

Plexy, this one is for you:
222 crew: "Gustav, hit ze overdrive gear! - I can't, the engineer relics has removed it!"
14 Mar 2013, 16:06 PM

Our American tavarich(товарищ) sent us supplies... We asked for tanks and ammo, we got cigs and coke..
15 Mar 2013, 05:11 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Mar 2013, 11:54 AMThrill
I must disagree Plexy. If you take time to browse through Qvazar's tweets you can find some really good ones. Dane's line was pretty good too.
yeah actually some of these are pretty good :thumbsup:

"They told me the reds were always drunk; how are they shooting so straight!?"
15 Mar 2013, 09:11 AM
Patrion 14

"Ivan's snipers were easier to spot in the alpha!"
15 Mar 2013, 09:12 AM
Patrion 14

"No! Don't tell me the Reds have Staghounds too!"
15 Mar 2013, 21:56 PM
Senior Caster Badge

He announced the winners (I got an honorable mention!). Winners:

German Infantry: WHY DIDN'T I JOIN THE NAVY! WHY DIDN'T I JOIN THE FUC%ING NAVY!

After being shot at by a tank etc.

(Russians) I told Mama we see Elefants, Tigers, Panthers...she thought I was visiting Moscow zoo

The German one is pretty great. I don't find the Russian one super funny.
15 Mar 2013, 22:11 PM

The German one is already in CoH in some form :(
15 Mar 2013, 22:14 PM

'If I had known how much walking we do, I would've joined the navy'
15 Mar 2013, 22:15 PM

Actually I thought the Russian one was cool, but the German one is basically the same as the one already in CoH.
15 Mar 2013, 23:06 PM

The interpretation of the actors is what matters.
16 Mar 2013, 00:08 AM
Donator 11

I'm bit disappointed by this selection. Not that these are bad lines, I just think there were better ones. Oh well.
16 Mar 2013, 00:16 AM

I like the german one, it is different from the CoH one but it's made on the same cliché (I should've joined the navy)

The Russian one was.... eh? Instead of surreal and dark humour it's a rimshot joke.

And what's up with airline food?
18 Mar 2013, 22:48 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

I like the german one, it is different from the CoH one but it's made on the same cliché (I should've joined the navy)

The Russian one was.... eh? Instead of surreal and dark humour it's a rimshot joke.

And what's up with airline food?

I don't give a flying f**k what's up with airline food - though you could probably make something from it, if you tried hard enough. :)

What I found disappointing was the lack of input: creativity demands input and encouragement. Any bloody fool can stand back and say: I could have done better with multiple kettle drums, or whatever.

There was so much chance there for this forum to display its wit, but almost as ever, people stood back....

To take the case in point: how do you add to the already (IMO) excellent German sniper? To give you but one PoV: "Mein sniperscope: Vorsprung durch Technik" It's not the ultimste answer, but most Western Europeans will, I think, know to what this refers.So you can build on it, or alternatives, yet sadly, the community stayed stumm. And missed a big chance....:(
18 Mar 2013, 23:58 PM

I don't give a flying f**k what's up with airline food - though you could probably make something from it, if you tried hard enough. :)

What I found disappointing was the lack of input: creativity demands input and encouragement. Any bloody fool can stand back and say: I could have done better with multiple kettle drums, or whatever.

There was so much chance there for this forum to display its wit, but almost as ever, people stood back....

To take the case in point: how do you add to the already (IMO) excellent German sniper? To give you but one PoV: "Mein sniperscope: Vorsprung durch Technik" It's not the ultimste answer, but most Western Europeans will, I think, know to what this refers.So you can build on it, or alternatives, yet sadly, the community stayed stumm. And missed a big chance....:(

Except I did enter, and I have no idea what you're talking about. Except if your weasel wording (people say this and that), then I don't really care tbh.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0E7EaRLmSI
19 Mar 2013, 01:31 AM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Except I did enter, and I have no idea what you're talking about.

Clearly :)

Except if your weasel wording (people say this and that), then I don't really care tbh.

Multiple use of 'except' = a somewhat limited ability in use of English?

Maybe better still?

Be constructive, not negative, dear chap. That's all. :)
19 Mar 2013, 13:42 PM

Multiple use of 'except' = a somewhat limited ability in use of English?

Maybe better still?

Be constructive, not negative, dear chap. That's all. :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anaphora_%28rhetoric%29

Or maybe I just didn't care too much. I did ask you about what your point was after you responded to my post with some hostility ("I don't give a flying f**k) since it could've been both a direct response to me (you in singular) or a general response to the negativity (you in plural). If it was a direct response (which was what I guessed since you quote me specifically) then your post is made on the false presumption that I didn't contribute, which I did. But then you talked about the community as a whole making it seem as it was plural; instead of taking shots at my english, you should've clarified your point. Also that would make it weasel words ("some people say"), which honestly doesn't interest me.

Also I didn't find the Moscow zoo joke funny. What constructiveness do you want there? It was Quinns choice, it will be in the game and people will probably find it funny. I don't give constructive criticism on humour; it's more of a taste thing than getting it right. I even outlined that I'd prefer surreal and dark humour before a rimshot joke to show that my humour is simply not the target for such a joke.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★