Login

russian armor

Mechanized Company Tactics

7 Jul 2014, 04:51 AM

What kind of new tactics have you guys been using? The artillery, recon and refund is a no-brainer, but how have you guys been using the new clown car and the super halftrack?

Aesthetically, it gives me pleasure just to use the Sherman and the halftrack (loaded with flamer and officer) together.

I make 2 dodges to cap points early on and the dodge makes the mounted rifle squad more deadly.
7 Jul 2014, 05:28 AM

In team games (3v3, 4v4) I tend to go Rifle Company in support of the Mechanized Company. This is coordinated with a ring of coding and modding buddies over Ventrilo, mind you. Our one guy with a hard-on for armor used to crap out 1-3 of the half-ton trucks and rush them around like M3 lelcars, with Riflemen garrisoned for extra hue.

This is, until we realized that any half-competent boob will immediately start with a Rakatewefer the moment they saw the Mechanized Company.

And then relic removed the loadouts from the loading screen.

So now we see Rakatewerfer starts from most of the players we run into (in team games). OH is a pushover (imho).
7 Jul 2014, 06:56 AM

Thank goodness for the refund, right? :-D

What I do is this: I get 1-2 dodges and use them as battle taxis or sometimes have rifles fire from the vehicles themselves.

When the shrecks and Puppchens start appearing, I return the dodges for the refund. The only thing I keep is the M3 halftrack, as it can do everything.

I really like how it's so easy to quickly mass units where you want them to with these vehicles.
7 Jul 2014, 09:05 AM

Where can I get that commander relic? Oh yeah, I forgot. War spoils right?
What? If I am unlucky maybe never? Nice job relic.
To the op, sorry for the off topic post! I hope relic realizes their mistake and gives the commanders to everyone, Not only to the Lucky ones!
7 Jul 2014, 09:29 AM

Can anybody explain the refund ability to me? Why would I send a Sherman away just to get some of its resources back? I could buy a Jackson, but I hardly find it worth to block an ability slot on the Commander for that little bit of flexibility. There must be something I still don´t know about this ability. :S
7 Jul 2014, 10:01 AM

I think the idea is to refund it as soon as you find out it will be destroyed. Or recycle your obsolete early game vehicles into more potent armor for the mid-late game. But i may be wrong, i'm not a US player.
7 Jul 2014, 10:40 AM

The ideal that you can return those WC51, M20, AA halftrack or whatever vehicles to get about 70% resources back ( is it 70% ? Idk ).

You can also take your friend vehicles and return it ? ( I gave my US buddy the Mortar halftrack cause at that point I got 2 M7 arty , I don't need mortar halftrack anymore ).

For things like M20 and WC51, they are not really worth using in late game so you can just get refund to free some popcap and get more resources.

Also, with your Vehicles crew vet 3, you can transfer them to other tanks.
7 Jul 2014, 14:33 PM

Withdraw and Refit refunds 75% of the resources (manpower and fuel, I believe). It's a pretty nifty ability since you can exchange your early vehicles for something better as the game progresses and they get obsolete.

http://www.coh2.org/guides/19066/u.s.-forces-commanders#791

I've been playing around with this commander and found the WC51 to be extremely potent early on vs OKW players who don't make early Raketenwerfer. If you put a rifleman inside a WC51, you can pretty much drive up and take out sturmpios / volks (unupgraded) very quickly without taking much damage. The jeep can take 1 hit from the Raketenwerfer and survive, but it's a bit sluggish / slow to move around.

The M3 is awesome. It can take 2 squads so you can customize it to fight whatever is on the field. If you arm both riflemen with 2 bazookas each, it can be an uber, makeshift Jackson doing 240 damage each salvo. Arm them with BARS and you get a makeshift KV8 that'll mow down infantry very quickly. It can't take much damage though (320HP), but it's fast enough that you can circle tanks around.. I've taken down an unsupported Tiger to a tiny bit of sliver health left this way (happened to catch it on its own as it entered the field and his support wasn't nearby). Plus you have the ability to reinforce.

If you're quick enough with your micro, you can also "get out" of sticky situations to save your vehicles. Let's say you're about 1 hit away from getting your M3 destroyed, you can simply hit T to abandon the vehicle and enemy AT will stop targeting it (since it's abandoned) and fire at your infantry instead. Depending on how quick their micro is, they can still attack ground to take it out, but that still gives you a second chance to turn the tide.

One thing to note.. the shortcut for the M3 overdrive ability is "D", which is the same key to unload your troops. So when you press that, your M3 will get into overdrive but it'll unload everyone. Manually click on the button instead.
7 Jul 2014, 18:13 PM

The 155mm howitzer artillery strike is one of the most powerful doctrinal artillery strikes in the game, with around 10 rockets landing in a tight circle in rapid succession.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★