Login

russian armor

Walking Stuka

• This thread is locked
PAGES (18)down
17 Jul 2014, 14:34 PM

Seriously, when Katitof concedes it's fine, you trolls are doing it wrong.

Stuka costs the equivalent of 133 fuel. It's has a long cooldown. Yes it discourages blobbing....so stop it.
17 Jul 2014, 15:53 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

a P47 air strike can completely kill a stuka if you're lucky.
17 Jul 2014, 16:34 PM

Instead of moaning about it, see it as a challenge and figure out how to beat them.

Unfortunately most of the whiners in this thread are too accustomed to their no skill blob tactics and instead of adapting they want the unit that decimates their retarded play style to be nerfed. Good thing Relic doesn't balance the game based on these threads.
17 Jul 2014, 16:55 PM

In the OP's thread, he mentions that he is a 3v3 - 4v4 player. Then he says 1v1 balance is unimportant. Thats pretty arrogant as many experienced players will disagree.

It seems to me that many complaints against the Walking Stuka originate more from the idea that nerfing it will help the strategies of the players of the opposing faction more so than it simply being broken. You cant really argue that its broken when the unit everyone calls "The Walking Divebomber"... is a walking divebomber. Thats how it was designed...

Id say other rocket artillery pales in comparison from the random nerf to the AoE of rockets, but the philosphy isnt to nerf other things to become as worse as things similar... especially when said thing is much more expensive to produce, which is why its staying better.

I see no reason to waste a stuka zu fuss strike on one squad. It isnt effective on lone units, so its doing something right when it does target large amounts of infantry...
17 Jul 2014, 17:21 PM

In the OP's thread, he mentions that he is a 3v3 - 4v4 player. Then he says 1v1 balance is unimportant. Thats pretty arrogant as many experienced players will disagree.

Experienced 1v1 players. Who aren't important. I would be surprised if 10% of the playerbase consistently played 1v1. I would say 2v2 has the highest skill cap but 3v3s and 4v4s are probably the most widely played. It boggles the fucking mind why this game isn't balanced towards team play. Though god forbid, really, Relic can barely balance a game involving just 2 people.

It seems to me that many complaints against the Walking Stuka originate more from the idea that nerfing it will help the strategies of the players of the opposing faction more so than it simply being broken. You cant really argue that its broken when the unit everyone calls "The Walking Divebomber"... is a walking divebomber. Thats how it was designed...

No fucking shit. If I get a nuclear bomb as a free, 0CP commander ability I guess you can't complain about it being a broken piece of shit because it's called "Nuclear Bomb".

Id say other rocket artillery pales in comparison from the random nerf to the AoE of rockets, but the philosphy isnt to nerf other things to become as worse as things similar... especially when said thing is much more expensive to produce, which is why its staying better.

What is this even meant to mean? Firstly, the Walking Stuka is not an expensive unit. In a 1v1 game? It's on the slightly higher end of "moderately expensive", but in team games it isn't even remotely an economic drain. Secondly, it's not even more expensive than other similar artillery alternatives.

I see no reason to waste a stuka zu fuss strike on one squad. It isnt effective on lone units, so its doing something right when it does target large amounts of infantry...

And yet if you target a large amount of infantry with a Priest, Katyusha, or Panzerwerfer, they're all dramatically worse than the Walking Stuka, which is probably because it's not even a creeping fucking barrage, it's just dropping its entire payload all at once in a straight line.

God forbid you're not constantly right clicking your armies around trying to dodge them, and god forbid you're trying to actually have a fight with your forces instead of having individual squads spread out the entire map capping points on their own, which is essentially playing a shittier version of 1v1.
17 Jul 2014, 17:25 PM

All Relic hears is bitching. I can also complain about everything. Not like itll ever make a difference.

Relic designed it this way.

Blame Relic and WW2 RTS recreation. You arent going to get anything.

#1: You neglected that 48 fuel is over half of 85 fuel, stuka zu fuss costs considerably more than other rocket artillery considering base price.

#2: A priest has a different role and is powerful as hell. Use it right.

Complaining more about bloody nothing makes you look even more less trustworthy. Lines of text that support NOTHING to your argument.
17 Jul 2014, 18:53 PM

Experienced 1v1 players. Who aren't important. I would be surprised if 10% of the playerbase consistently played 1v1. I would say 2v2 has the highest skill cap but 3v3s and 4v4s are probably the most widely played. It boggles the fucking mind why this game isn't balanced towards team play. Though god forbid, really, Relic can barely balance a game involving just 2 people.

No fucking shit. If I get a nuclear bomb as a free, 0CP commander ability I guess you can't complain about it being a broken piece of shit because it's called "Nuclear Bomb".

What is this even meant to mean? Firstly, the Walking Stuka is not an expensive unit. In a 1v1 game? It's on the slightly higher end of "moderately expensive", but in team games it isn't even remotely an economic drain. Secondly, it's not even more expensive than other similar artillery alternatives.

And yet if you target a large amount of infantry with a Priest, Katyusha, or Panzerwerfer, they're all dramatically worse than the Walking Stuka, which is probably because it's not even a creeping fucking barrage, it's just dropping its entire payload all at once in a straight line.

God forbid you're not constantly right clicking your armies around trying to dodge them, and god forbid you're trying to actually have a fight with your forces instead of having individual squads spread out the entire map capping points on their own, which is essentially playing a shittier version of 1v1.

God forbids.
17 Jul 2014, 19:08 PM

When I started this thread, I expected the majority of players to agree that an artillery unit that has the killing power of roughly 3 panzerwerfers was clearly overpowered.

I shouldn't be surprised. German pop is 80% on a regular basis, so why wouldn't the demographic of forum posters be the same?

"stop blobbing"? in team games, maps are focused around several choke points in and around fuel/vp nodes. Stukas routinely instagib squads at these spots (even when you aren't blobbing) and one-shot even the strongest garrison buildings.

Silly me
17 Jul 2014, 20:01 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Jul 2014, 19:08 PMArclyte
When I started this thread, I expected the majority of players to agree that an artillery unit that has the killing power of roughly 3 panzerwerfers was clearly overpowered.

I shouldn't be surprised. German pop is 80% on a regular basis, so why wouldn't the demographic of forum posters be the same?

"stop blobbing"? in team games, maps are focused around several choke points in and around fuel/vp nodes. Stukas routinely instagib squads at these spots (even when you aren't blobbing) and one-shot even the strongest garrison buildings.

Silly me

silly you indeed. katitof (yes youre reading this right) thinks its fine so does vonivan. both german fanboys for sure
17 Jul 2014, 20:41 PM

Permanently Banned
Walking Stuka is OP as hell sovjet has no possibilty to caunter early Kübelwagen -> get ZiS -> stuka kills everything. Please nerf!
17 Jul 2014, 20:45 PM

Stuka can be nerfed as long as it accompanies,maxim and rifle nerf.To balance out the nerfing of this counter to rifleblob and maximspam for okw.
17 Jul 2014, 21:04 PM

I got 99 problems but a stuka ain't one.
17 Jul 2014, 21:06 PM

Walking Stuka is OP as hell sovjet has no possibilty to caunter early Kübelwagen -> get ZiS -> stuka kills everything. Please nerf!

away with you, soviet version of vetlolcake
17 Jul 2014, 21:18 PM

Permanently Banned
17 Jul 2014, 21:40 PM

Why don't you rush armor then? Walking Stukas hurt but definitely don't insta-kill armor. And with the insane fuel cost the OKW won't have any good counters for a while. I play OKW in 3v3 and armor rushes either A) keep me from getting Walking Stukas or B) made my purchase of one a waste.
17 Jul 2014, 21:47 PM

Hihi. M3 counters early Kübel all day long. Hell any decent Conscript flank counters Kübels all day long. And I certainly don't think the Kübel poses any particular threat to Soviet T2 play. Stuka costs 100 fuel plus tech, that translates into no puma which means no serious AT. Just get a fast T70/T34, game over.
17 Jul 2014, 21:56 PM

Hihi. M3 counters early Kübel all day long. Hell any decent Conscript flank counters Kübels all day long. And I certainly don't think the Kübel poses any particular threat to Soviet T2 play. Stuka costs 100 fuel plus tech, that translates into no puma which means no serious AT. Just get a fast T70/T34, game over.

Nevermind the dirt cheap rocket AT or shrek squads that will demolish the T70/T34.

Either the Stuka or the Infantry Support Gun needs to be nerfed. Doesn't have to be both. As it stands right now, OKW is way too easy to play in team games when all you have to do is turtle and peck away with ISGs/Stukas. Just camp near a fuel point and wait for your heavy armor to eventually come out.
17 Jul 2014, 22:06 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Jul 2014, 21:56 PMMedman

Nevermind the dirt cheap rocket AT or shrek squads that will demolish the T70/T34.

Either the Stuka or the Infantry Support Gun needs to be nerfed. Doesn't have to be both. As it stands right now, OKW is way too easy to play in team games when all you have to do is turtle and peck away with ISGs/Stukas. Just camp near a fuel point and wait for your heavy armor to eventually come out.

Well I cannot really comment on the state of the meta in 3v3/4v4 as I simply lack the experience, however in the quantities typical for 1v1/2v2 both the Raketenwerfer and Volks with Schrecks are not exactly much of a danger to a T34, as both simply lack the range to reliably get the killing shots in. I might add that against the heavier Soviet armor they are almost ineffective. Now the Pak is a very different matter.
17 Jul 2014, 22:16 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Jul 2014, 21:56 PMMedman

lol, the dude who went full retard in one of my games, didnt know you were here XD
17 Jul 2014, 23:26 PM

Maxim spam in buildings is absolutely annoying as hell for OKW in teamgames,ISG won't kill fast enough.This is where stuka has no subtitute..punishes this abuse tactic brutally.
Since both german mgs are useless in buildings..soviets love to abuse mgs in urban maps.Stuka drills them in such scenarios from the backside.This is also one of the reasons for hue and cry.
PAGES (18)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS