Login

russian armor

De-crewing Vehicles?

12 Mar 2013, 11:14 AM

Did I read correctly that vehicles can be de-crewed in CoH2? Without getting into the NDA quagmire can anyone confirm if this is the case or not?
12 Mar 2013, 11:32 AM
Honorary Member Badge

Yeah it's possible that the crew can abbandon a vehicle. After that you can capture it for yourself. Can't remember if I actually saw it happen during the alpha though.
12 Mar 2013, 12:06 PM

I remember re-crewing my own vehicles, but they only have 5% health, a damaged engine, etc., so it's risky. And I believe it only rarely happens.
12 Mar 2013, 12:28 PM

I was wondering if they could be cleared out by grenades as per buildings in the original but I guess that's a "no". I was just thinking the other night how cool it would be if you could land a one-in-a-million grenade throw into a moving light vehicle and de-crew it :D
12 Mar 2013, 12:33 PM
Honorary Member Badge

Afaik they will only jump out if the vehicle is in a bad condition.
12 Mar 2013, 15:37 PM
Senior Caster Badge

Yeah, "vehicle decrewed" is like one of the other criticals you can score against a low health vehicle. In the past, you might destroy the engine or the gun or the vehicle, and now there's another option: you might decrew it.
12 Mar 2013, 16:02 PM

I'm a bit sad that it seems to be just a crit that turns it decrewed in the same manner that a pak is decrewed. I would've liked it more if you could decrew tanks manually and get a tank crew unit that can carry on the veterancy if they cap another tank. Would take some balancing of the vet ( a great scout car crew doesn't = vet 3 tiger for example) but I think it could've added an extra layer to the game.
12 Mar 2013, 20:10 PM

I'm a bit sad that it seems to be just a crit that turns it decrewed in the same manner that a pak is decrewed. I would've liked it more if you could decrew tanks manually and get a tank crew unit that can carry on the veterancy if they cap another tank. Would take some balancing of the vet ( a great scout car crew doesn't = vet 3 tiger for example) but I think it could've added an extra layer to the game.

I can partially understand it from a mechanics point of view. Not only does it add "clutter" to the game but it could also punish a losing player so when they lose a powerful unit they also gift it to their opponent which puts them even further behind.

I still think throwing grenades into open topped vehicles would be cool though!
12 Mar 2013, 21:51 PM

Yeah, "vehicle decrewed" is like one of the other criticals you can score against a low health vehicle. In the past, you might destroy the engine or the gun or the vehicle, and now there's another option: you might decrew it.

this is exactly how it works... and the percentage chance for vehicle abandon is pretty low too afaik
13 Mar 2013, 00:45 AM

I hope it will get more than a engie squad to reman the vehicle, so instead of being an evidence (repair while scruting the horyzon and hop in at first sight -> not fun), it will be a strategical investment focusing players attention and involving valueable units.

Low tier units shoudn't be able to drive high tier tanks.
13 Mar 2013, 01:05 AM

if a unit can recrew one vehicle, it will be able to recrew all vehicles. on top of that, we do not know whether the abondon vehicle crit will be in competetive play or only in basic matches or whatever
14 Mar 2013, 06:11 AM

I'm okay atm that you can decrew vehicles. It is like rolling a destroyed engine. So long as the main gun and engine isn't operational when it is recrewed it should be fine as it'll give the one who lost the vehicle plenty of time to destroy it before it goes to enemy hands.
14 Mar 2013, 15:40 PM

I guess it depends on what can re-crew vehicles. If it's like C&C Generals where any infantry can re-crew then the lost vehicle would get stolen almost immediately in most cases and then sent back to base. The damaged engine crit would make a small difference but it would still be very difficult for a player who has just been routed to destroy the vehicle. If it's just engineers then that might be better.

It's all conjecture I know but it doesn't sound like fun when you're losing tanks trying to defend against panther spam only to have to defend against panthers + some of your old tanks + whatever else he's built when he attacks the next time.
14 Mar 2013, 16:28 PM
Caster Badge

They can be decrewed it is essentially just another type of critical. Though from what i recall reading, open topped vehicles can be decrewed using flamethrowers or grenades.

Personally i like the idea. it does force players to be a bit more careful with their armour and not just throw it in recklesssly.
14 Mar 2013, 18:01 PM

They can be decrewed it is essentially just another type of critical. Though from what i recall reading, open topped vehicles can be decrewed using flamethrowers or grenades.

Personally i like the idea. it does force players to be a bit more careful with their armour and not just throw it in recklesssly.

I like the whole idea of open top vehicles being able to be decrewed with nades and flamethrowers. It just makes so much more sense. But it will make those type of vehicles a lot more risky to play with because it sounds like they can be easily decrewed without weapon destroyed crit or engine destroyed crit
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS