Login

russian armor

My ideal for the Menu interface

2 Jul 2014, 00:38 AM

Yo yo yo stop right there buddies. Before you read this crappy post that I wrote, I need to let you know something:

- English is not my native language ( I'm Asian ) so this post gonna have some grammar errors. I will try my best to not make too much mistakes.

- This is just my personal ideal/suggestions and opinions about COH2 current state at the moment that I want to share with you guys. Please share your ideals here with people if you think different.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Opening]

So it has been quite a long time since Company of Heroes 2 come out. Remembers when you or your friends got crappy internet and make the whole games lag ? Remember that vote kick was still in COH2 ? I remember cause I was the one who got bad internet after all.

You guys remember about the time 222 was a useless piece of shit, shock run straight into your mom and fucked shit up ? Sniper in scout car was the boss ? Or about IS2 and ISU wiped infantry squad in 1 shot ? Panzerwerfel and katchusa was something always use in 2vs2 ?

Man, that was a long time ago. Many things has change to be better and other turns to be worst. But today I'm not here to speak about the current state of balance. No no, fuck that shit - I'm not a expert looking at numbers. I'm here to talk about the basic thing of COH2: How it could be better in my opinion.

----------------------------------------------------------------

[Main Part]

- User interface -

Reminder: I'm not a designer, not a game developer. This is just my personal opinion how it could be better for me to keep track all of the news thing.

1) Main Menu

[ Open the picture in another tab for bigger version ]

- I believe that a options button stay outside is better than stay inside. It doesn't cost much place on the screen isn't it ?

- In my personal opinion, I think that keeping all the space for those promoted video and " BUY NOW " , get free faceplate is a waste. As a gamer, I rather see what's the change in COH2. isn't it better for me to log in the game and see the changelog rather than steam start to update my game and I need to get into the forum ?

- Advertisement Sector is still OK but make it smaller.

- Keep a " news " sector just like in the first COH1. you can keep us noted about game updates, when you gonna close down the sever for maintain, show units profiles or something. I mean some players just start the game from desktop, not steam. Doing a new sector will be better for everybody to see news about COH2.

- I think the radar thing is a waste of screen and should be replace with the game match chat. Sure, it only show us that the game is searching but isn't a better way for you to do it ?

- Make a tab on the upper right so when the players have done vetoes the maps and waiting for auto match, they can talk to other players not in friend-list in the global chat. That's the best way to make new friend isn't it ? ( Just like COH1 )

- Also a built in leader-board help the players to see who was his previous enemies.

- When you are in custom game lobby, the 2 options " Leader-boards " and " Global chat " will still be available and just click to use it.

- The way Army Customize design right now is bad. Why not make them into category so it's easier to check ?

-------------------------------------

- game performance -

I don't think I'm the only one right now that feel COH2 performance is bad.

- It took so long to load for me or my enemies ( It usually at the last 2 bullets ). When we in the game it said my settings are too high when it the vCOH2, I can run 4vs4 fine on those settings.

- Sometimes the game got 20 seconds delay and that's bad, very bad.

- Sometimes the game stop for a moment then resume again. It could also mean the dead of my squad O_O.

- Sometimes when I told my squad to get in the house for some reason they stand next to it?

- At the moment when you done watch replay the game will just freeze at the loser base ( maybe because of the new victory strike ? )

- Right now I can put 2 same bulletins that I got from warspoil into my loadout ? ( Look at my previous picture, 1 of the guy got 2 Engineer 4% in the loadout )

-------------------------------------

- small ideals -

- Volksgrenadier would be nice to have a leader with a different uniform or carry a MP44 ( like somebody mention in the balance sector )

----------------------------------------------------------------

[ Ending ]

So, like I said: This post is not about balance or talking trash about the game. I would like to share my ideals about COH2 and I hope you guys will do the same. Let's keep this topic flows with nice ideal to improve the game.

2 Jul 2014, 12:20 PM

About that freezing thing. To be clear RELIC, it happens also in offline games (Skirmish against AI).
The Game screams for Optimization.

Btw, Good Ideas!
2 Jul 2014, 12:33 PM

Main menu should be helpinghans livestreaming with twitch ingame
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %