Login

russian armor

Autohotkey problem

30 Jun 2014, 18:32 PM

Hey guys,

I've been using the autohotkey for quite a while now but I'm encountering a weird problem with it. Every once in a while it just stops working randomly and I need to reload the script which is very annoying if it happens during an intense game.

I feel like I'm playing with my hands tied if it stops working since I have the tac map and reverse hotkeys mapped to my mouse. I've lost countless vehicles because suddenly the reverse key doesn't work :D

Any tips?

Thanks!
30 Jun 2014, 18:52 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Jun 2014, 18:32 PMTNrg
Hey guys,

I've been using the autohotkey for quite a while now but I'm encountering a weird problem with it. Every once in a while it just stops working randomly and I need to reload the script which is very annoying if it happens during an intense game.

I feel like I'm playing with my hands tied if it stops working since I have the tac map and reverse hotkeys mapped to my mouse. I've lost countless vehicles because suddenly the reverse key doesn't work :D

Any tips?

Thanks!

Hello there mate..I've never heard of this issue with Autohotkey before. Maybe its happening because you haven't bounded a suspend key in your script? I dont know, Im not an expert on autohotkey but here's my autohotkey script which works just fine for me without any problem;

Hope it'll work for you too buddy.

Good luck have fun ; )
30 Jun 2014, 19:16 PM

Thanks!

Though I don't understand programming or code language at all, so could you point out if there's something wrong with my script?

Might it be because my suspend key is enter, so when I type into the chat it turns itself off? But I think it shouldn't actually, since the first time I press enter it turns off and second time, when I send my chat message it should turn itself back on?
30 Jun 2014, 20:18 PM

One issue I've had for quite a long time now is that one camera move direction 'locks'. So the camera view speeds to one side and won't allow me to go in any other direction, without it forcing it back to the direction it's locked in.

The only fix is to restart the script. It's very rare, and oddly seems to happen much more frequently in certain games.
I have no idea what the cause is. I'm still amazed modern RTS games don't have customisable keys (HINT).
30 Jun 2014, 20:52 PM

Sounds weird, never had that one
1 Jul 2014, 15:08 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Jun 2014, 19:16 PMTNrg
Thanks!

Though I don't understand programming or code language at all, so could you point out if there's something wrong with my script?

Might it be because my suspend key is enter, so when I type into the chat it turns itself off? But I think it shouldn't actually, since the first time I press enter it turns off and second time, when I send my chat message it should turn itself back on?

Sometimes you have to press couple times on the suspend key to actually suspend the autohotkey script in a game. Especially when it comes to chatting during a game. It sounds weird I know but thats what I experienced so far. But there is a code that fixes the chat issue in my script which I copy/pasted from somewhere I dont remember. You can use that for a smooth chat without having to suspend the script.

Like I said, Im not an expert but it looks like your suspend key being ENTER causing you the current issue you have. Why would you even make ENTER your suspend key anyway? :) Change it to Capslock or any other hotkey that Coh2 or you do not use in a game then I think you'll be fine.

Hope this helps ;)
1 Jul 2014, 16:37 PM

Thanks, I'll try changing it to something else :)

I thought enter would be handy so it would be suspended at the same time when I want to chat and turn back on when I send the chat message :)
1 Jul 2014, 17:06 PM

Good thinking though :)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight