Login

russian armor

Dealing with Americans as Ostheer

29 Jun 2014, 19:14 PM

After many 1v1s as the default Germans, I have now come up with a method in which to combat the at times overwhelming American forces. Several people have asked me how to deal with the onslaught and thankfully I have the perfect answer. Some say that MG42 spam deals best with infantry but once the opponent catches on they'll send some cheeky Stuart tanks in to annihilate these MGs. My tactic in dealing with this as the Germans is to first tell your opponent that the Americans are OP. Then click quit as fast as you can to the main screen. Then get angry with yourself as you feel you could have done better if the factions were fair. You can also hope that Relic see your frustrations and fix the damned game. If you're really seeing the dark side of battle I suggest stopping yourself from future losses. You can do this by uninstalling the game and filling out the damned questionnaire hoping Relic will appreciate your struggles.

Welcome all,

Newk
29 Jun 2014, 19:17 PM
Editor in Chief Badge
Patrion 310

Lol I don't know how to argue on that one
29 Jun 2014, 19:37 PM

The game is broken, but wait buy the new expansion and that way you can win again.
29 Jun 2014, 19:43 PM

The game is broken, but wait buy the new expansion and that way you can win again.
I'm afraid my friend I'm not looking for an easy win. I simply want the game to be the way it was. Even adding a Soviet/Ostheer game search would be much better
29 Jun 2014, 20:02 PM
Senior Caster Badge

I've tried this strat and I can't win with it, what do you do if your opponent goes fast T2.
29 Jun 2014, 20:19 PM

Well if they've already cancelled out your infantry then you might think armour such as scout cars/half-tracks may be the solution. However the Americans can bring out their anti-tank guns to ruin your tank strategy when they tier up or see your scout cars, they might even get bazookas too
29 Jun 2014, 20:36 PM
Senior Caster Badge

They haven't really canceled out my infantry because I quit as soon as the match starts (like your strat says to do). Am I doing it wrong?
29 Jun 2014, 20:45 PM

So I followed your strat and told my opponent his army is OP but I didn't quit, I then managed to get away with 1 Pioneer model after his Rear Ech volley fired them, he complained about bad RNG and said Pioneers were overpowered because they could get minesweepers and then he quit, there is hope guys!
29 Jun 2014, 20:51 PM
Senior Caster Badge

So I followed your strat and told my opponent his army is OP but I didn't quit, I then managed to get away with 1 Pioneer model after his Rear Ech volley fired them, he complained about bad RNG and said Pioneers were overpowered because they could get minesweepers and then he quit, there is hope guys!

I'll try this next match.
30 Jun 2014, 11:33 AM

OK, in this instance you were very lucky, you didn't feel the wrath of the paratroopers whose lightsaber for guns incinerate infantry. Well played though GG.
1 Jul 2014, 03:31 AM

Won my first match as the Ostheer versus American forces after a lengthy losing streak, hurrah. He had a mighty blob, but an MG42, a gren squad with a LMG, and a Flakpanzer IV held it at bay while a panzergrenadier squad and an assault grenadier squad moved in and cut them to ribbons.

Damn that felt good.
1 Jul 2014, 15:14 PM

yea getting ostwind,shreks and packs is the only chance.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★