Login

russian armor

Maxim Spam vs OKW

28 Jun 2014, 15:34 PM

I have lost the last 5 consecutive team games to this strategy.

It's pretty simple.

The Russian player simply goes-->T2-->conscript-->maxim-->maxim-->mortar-->maxim.

If there is US player he simply holds down the Rifleman button and gets LMGS or bars.

The result it that OKW has almost no way of dealing with maxims that are covering one another. Flanking can work but on some of the new maps its all tight city fighting or hedgerows that prevent flanks.

The useless infantry support gun which is super expensive has about 0 splash damage and while it outranges a mortar, if you spend your time trying to take out the mortar the maxims are already pushing you off the map. Then it's a simple matter of the Russian getting a field gun and it's pretty much gg. I've also noticed that even when I do get the gun firing on the maxims it's accuracy is hilariously bad, and it also seems to hit every building in between making it an extremely ineffective counter.

Most of these matches aren't even lasting 15min on 3V3.

I've even tried to get creative and get panzerfusaliers in cover with an officer but eventually the sheer amount of suppression means your constantly forced to hit the retreat button.

I recall struggling as Ostheer with maxim spam, but with OKW it seems virtually impossible to stop against a competent player. OKW lacks the rifle grenades, mortars, flame throwers to deal with garrisons, or sniper option that made it possible to counter reliably.
28 Jun 2014, 15:48 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Netherlands 15
Germany 656
unknown 19
Germany 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias