Login

russian armor

Why so many Axis Lovers?

27 Jun 2014, 14:07 PM

I guess I understood it in vCOH2. Many soviet units didn't look as good and I could understand that more people could relate to germans rather than soviets.

Since WFA release Axis has generally been 60-80% on the search...
Why is this? Do that many people hate USA?
27 Jun 2014, 14:10 PM

People are playing OKW to abuse trucks, or not to get their riflemen crushed by said truck exploit. Also I think OKW is a bit more powerful ATM, especially in team games. It has nothing to do with ideological or aesthetic preference I reckon.
27 Jun 2014, 14:18 PM

You rarely get to play as the Germans in WWII games, so the allied perspective gets boring/repetitive. The Germans simply had a cooler & more modern army/theme too.

The Soviets have nice tanks and heavy tanks (is2, t34/85) but their T1/T2 gameplay is sometimes too gimmicky and cheese (spam several m3 flamers or spam several hmgs, etc).
27 Jun 2014, 14:23 PM

You rarely get to play as the Germans in WWII games, so the allied perspective gets boring/repetitive. The Germans simply had a cooler & more modern army/theme too.

The Soviets have nice tanks and heavy tanks (is2, t34/85) but their T1/T2 gameplay is sometimes too gimmicky and cheese (spam several m3 flamers or spam several hmgs, etc).

This.

Fight for deutschland until the end!
27 Jun 2014, 14:25 PM

When I start the game I am forced to pick a side. Normally its Allies if I am Honest but I really don't mind. I presume its the same for others but they have a tiny preference to Axis.

A random button would be nice.

Also rewards should be based on the army you are playing as, not random...
27 Jun 2014, 14:25 PM

I think OKW is easier to play than the USA. US tanks are also not that tough unfortunately and they cannot be built quickly into numbers due to the high cost teching system.
27 Jun 2014, 14:29 PM

One reason and one reason only

Because it's easier to win with them (or so many would think) They require less training and knowledge to be as effective as the US forces

Yes it's a bold statement and yes I made an account just to say this. But I wouldn't be saying it if I didn't believe it to be true
27 Jun 2014, 14:30 PM

In both vCoH and CoH2 I prefer to play the Germans - just a preference. Not ideological. Not alignment of philosophy.

Part of it is the Tanks as well. They are truly legendary and even if I only get them once a game, it's exciting.

As well, regardless of balance and with the exception of a few patches, I feel like because of the numbers in the infantry units, the Germans are more complicated to play (but that might just be me).
27 Jun 2014, 14:44 PM

I personally find the OKW faction to be a lot of fun. I like the idea of 'less units, but more powerful units'. Partly because I find it easier to manage a small army, and I like think that forcing me to protect those units makes me a better player.

By comparison I found US to be kind of 'vanilla' and didn't really like their system of progression.

For Vanilla factions I generally play Soviets.
27 Jun 2014, 14:46 PM

The Patch that fixes the OKW truck crush exploit just went live. So the number of Allies players should increase notably in automatch.
27 Jun 2014, 14:50 PM

If you could just go do something else than saying total bullshit, that would be cool.

By the way : show us your fabulous stats with the germans that are so easy :)

Even though you are clearly just trying to troll me here i'll try to make a point by giving in to your request

http://www.coh2.org/ladders/playercard/steamid/76561197971186009
See what those stats and the total amount of time played denotes

with the amount of time I have put into the soviets in correlation with the germans and the amount of games (percentage wise) I have won with the germans in correlations with the soviets , one can only assume that the amount of time needed to get to a certain "level" on each faction is skewed in favour of the germans. The same thing goes for the OKW.

There. it's now backed by numbers. that nullifies your "total bullshit" comment. Like I said earlier, I wouldn't be writing it down if I didnt think of it to be true or just to troll.
27 Jun 2014, 14:53 PM

People like easy games, numbers in matchmaker tends to show which faction provides that.

OKW got so powerful units its not even funny. Maybe in a year they will manage to balance things out, and you will see 50/50% in matchmaker like before this expansion.
27 Jun 2014, 15:05 PM

First: It's because OKW is easier to play. And it's remembers on the Panzer Elite of Vanilla CoH which has many Fans.

2. I like the Grey Uniforms ;-)
27 Jun 2014, 15:08 PM

"The victory has gone to the allies - the soldierly glory to the Germans."

The German factions are more sympathetic. Better looking uniforms, iconic tanks and the feeling that few stood against superior numbers.
27 Jun 2014, 15:09 PM

I would play germans even if they were so underpowered you couldnt win. I am a german fanboy and i dont care, they had and still have the best weapons
27 Jun 2014, 15:16 PM

Permanently Banned
Germans tend to be popular in a lot of WW2 games, no matter how the state of balance is.

Furthermore the german playerbase in this game seems to be quite big and I guess that there is a higher chance that the favorite faction of a german person is german.

And then there is the fact that german tanks are iconic, a lot of people probably prefer to command a tiger and not a sherman
27 Jun 2014, 15:20 PM

The Germans have better toys(tanks, equipment, guns, camos), and people will generally go for the more elite side, i would rather play with a faction that looses less men and deals out more damage.

Im disappointed with the American build and units, in vcoh they were much more fun, and with no heavy battle tank (pershing) o_O

Bring on the elite commonwealth forces, then matchmaking might be more even
27 Jun 2014, 15:52 PM
Senior Caster Badge

people be nazis, yo
27 Jun 2014, 16:14 PM

I always preferred the factions that have quality over quantity - protoss, night elves (debatable), germans..
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 42
Germany 36

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment