Login

russian armor

Volksgrenadier - er what ?

27 Jun 2014, 06:46 AM

No changes are needed. Volks are ok as they are now. Used in combo with sturmpioneere they are quite powerfull. OKW overall has pretty good start units.
27 Jun 2014, 07:06 AM

They are fine for lots of reasons already mentioned.

I also find them a useful additional capping unit (being the cheapest option available. (remember how OKW are facing economic depression?)
27 Jun 2014, 07:17 AM

240mp vs 240mp is cons vs Volks. Riflemen are 270. The ability to buy shrecks and vet to the sky is well worth that 10 extra MP IMO.
Rifles are 280.
27 Jun 2014, 13:38 PM

It's just that in most of my game, Rifleman can just go straight into my Volksgrenadier squad in green cover with still about 70% health and I will have to retreat or I will lose my squad and I found that not fair if you compare them to Grenadier ( Consider that this squad at early suck ball if M3 come )

I understand that people telling me to group SturmPioneers with them but consider that flanking is not gonna be easy in most case ( my 2vs2 rank is 24 and people around this rank will know how to focus fire on the flanking squad )

Yes, after sometimes they will get vet up but at early game, mostly this unit will cost me more manpower to reinforce than the Sturmpioneer....

So my ideal is that to make the at least have them same power as the Grenadier ? ( Consider that OKW got shitty income and mostly good infantry costly as fuck. )
27 Jun 2014, 13:51 PM

Having the same firepower as grenadiers wouldn't be good for soviets.

It would be nice if there was an lmg upgrade or something though, to match their firepower. Realistically that was the way to even the firepower, since Americans have semiautomatic rifles.
27 Jun 2014, 21:37 PM

Permanently Banned
Volks are so bad that im bad for buy this new WFA stuff, much more easy as old germans, this new faction have true bad early game, pions and volks total crap...
29 Jun 2014, 14:35 PM

Volks are good when you combine them with Mgs.

They are good at long range, but if you let riflemen get close, they'll lose. So use a mn34 to suspress the rifles and keep them at long range. Volks can then snipe them off, or at least take the hits while you use a LeiG 18 to finish the enemy off.

Also, Volks gain cold immunity with the advanced weaponry upgrade, so you can attack through deep snow in a blizzard and hit the enemy from a unexpected location.

I find Volks rather effective if you use them in conjuction with support units, and keep them at long range.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 92
Germany 2
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak