Login

russian armor

Custom map auto-download

26 Jun 2014, 11:34 AM

Permanently Banned
Can somebody explain how this works to me?

When I join other custom map lobbies or host a custom map myself everybody in the lobby usually starts to download the custom map.

However, when choosing some custom maps (namely, the ones i made myself) nobody will start downloading them. I even let a buddy host one of my maps and nobody started downloading it.

So why do some maps get downloaded and others dont?
26 Jun 2014, 11:38 AM

Have you published your custom maps to the steam workshop?
26 Jun 2014, 11:50 AM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post26 Jun 2014, 11:38 AMwuff
Have you published your custom maps to the steam workshop?

Yes of course, i published one a few months ago, one a few weeks ago and one a few days ago. They dont seem to work when i host them. However: A stranger hosted the oldest map and everybody started downloading it, when I did so it didnt work though :/
26 Jun 2014, 18:49 PM

Permanently Banned
Is there anybody else with a similar problem? Or can you guys host any custom map you want without any trouble?
27 Jun 2014, 22:15 PM

Permanently Banned
Aparently youre simply not allowed to host your own maps. Had a friend host a custom map made by me and people started downloading as long as I werent in the lobby. Quite odd
6 Jul 2014, 21:25 PM

Dont worry mate , your not the only one ! Have the same problem !!!!
No matter what map i use ( any workshop maps , if its one created by myself or not , as long its a workshop map noone can download it when i create the game ...LOL THX relic for this fucking shit :)
7 Jul 2014, 13:58 PM

It seems weird, as out of the 3 maps i published in the workshop, they all have more subscribers than unique visitors. This seems to indicate that they are spreading through ingame downloads, i don't know for sure.
7 Jul 2014, 14:16 PM

Permanently Banned
Dont worry mate , your not the only one ! Have the same problem !!!!
No matter what map i use ( any workshop maps , if its one created by myself or not , as long its a workshop map noone can download it when i create the game ...LOL THX relic for this fucking shit :)

Janne posted a fix to this here:
http://www.coh2.org/topic/19519/how-to-host-your-own-maps-in-public-lobbies

Works like a charm! :)

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Jul 2014, 13:58 PMSlaYoU
It seems weird, as out of the 3 maps i published in the workshop, they all have more subscribers than unique visitors. This seems to indicate that they are spreading through ingame downloads, i don't know for sure.

That and you can also subscribe to a map without visiting the map page, by just browsing the workshop and clicking on the subscribe button
7 Jul 2014, 14:28 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Jul 2014, 14:16 PMI<444>3CoH

That and you can also subscribe to a map without visiting the map page, by just browsing the workshop and clicking on the subscribe button

Totally forgot about that, indeed :)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS