Login

russian armor

patch comes, replays gone... is there a way?

18 Jun 2014, 09:17 AM

morning,

the fact is old and probably discussed in other threads, but didnt find a solution.

each time the game gets patched (yesterday 30mb or so) all the replays are gone (forever?).

as i just started casting for "private" use, i had 2 more reps i really wantetd to save. not top games, but really rewarding comeback games.

can anyone help by telling me a way to view (and cast) pre patch replays?

thank you in advance.

(i remember in earlier days, there was a tool) is there a tool for coh2 ?

greetings, psy.
18 Jun 2014, 09:33 AM

Fraps it, and upload to YouTube. There is no other way out.
18 Jun 2014, 09:35 AM

For patches that don't change any unit stats, you can use a hex editor to change the version identifier at the very start of the .rec file to make it work again.

For patches that do change unit stats, nothing can be done short of having a version of coh2 locked in that one by disabling patching in Steam (will it even allow you to run it though? I don't know).

For the patch that just got applied, no stat changes were made so the replays will work fine. Open up the rec file in a hex editor (HxD is very simple and requires no installation http://mh-nexus.de/en/hxd/ ), and change the start of the file from 00 00 7A 36 to 00 00 66 37.
18 Jun 2014, 09:38 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Jun 2014, 09:35 AMCruzz
For patches that don't change any unit stats, you can use a hex editor to change the version identifier at the very start of the .rec file to make it work again.

For patches that do change unit stats, nothing can be done short of having a version of coh2 locked in that one.

For the patch that just got applied, no stat changes were made so the replays will work fine. Open up the rec file in a hex editor (HxD is very simple and requires no installation http://mh-nexus.de/en/hxd/ ), and change the start of the file from 00 00 7A 36 to 00 00 66 37.

awesome, i am going to start to destroy my installation right now ^^

thanks mate, i hope it will work.
18 Jun 2014, 09:45 AM

it works !!!

:banana: thank you, you made my day :banana:
18 Jun 2014, 09:59 AM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

We are currently dealing with the same issue. We want to show Alienware Arena BartonPL vs. Cruzzi on Friday! We will persevere!
18 Jun 2014, 10:36 AM

We are currently dealing with the same issue. We want to show Alienware Arena BartonPL vs. Cruzzi on Friday! We will persevere!

yeah. i really dont get that. why patch during a tourney? it is beyond me :O
18 Jun 2014, 11:08 AM

yeah. i really dont get that. why patch during a tourney? it is beyond me :O

These UI and advert patches hardly count I'd say. Relic was just silly by not having a different version numbering system for actual game changes so that replays would ignore these automatically. Anyway like said it's super easy to change the replays to work again so really should be no harm done.
18 Jun 2014, 11:08 AM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

We've fixed our reps for Friday (thx Janne thx IpKai). The show must go on!
TZ_
15 Dec 2014, 19:47 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Jun 2014, 09:35 AMCruzz

For patches that do change unit stats, nothing can be done short of having a version of coh2 locked in that one by disabling patching in Steam (will it even allow you to run it though? I don't know).

Thank You. I did it, and it works.
So i can launch the replay it is working fine, but i see "sync error detection" in the middle.
Do you know why? What is Your opinion, how can i hide it?
Thank Your answer.
15 Dec 2014, 19:54 PM
TZ_
15 Dec 2014, 20:06 PM
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak