Login

russian armor

tips for improving as germans

16 Jun 2014, 05:02 AM
Benefactor 340

Hi Guys

I've been playing coh1 for 6 years now and 2 since the beginning and I play Germans mostly, the only problem is I flat out suck and I'm beginning to think that no amount of experience will help me be successful, I understand much of the theory behind the game and strategies but I suck putting them into practice, I was going to say Soviets op but I think I just plain suck.

i already have a keen understanding of the basics of the game as ive been playing sicne day one eg unit preservation flank, cover build orders commanders, which unit beats what.

I find it difficult to maintain a positive attitude when loosing even though losses are a learning experience

I have been watching replays and I wish to play in tournaments someday

Thanks guys I have a couple replays up atm.
16 Jun 2014, 05:28 AM
Patrion 15

Hmm, add me on steam and send me some replays (click my playercard icon). I'll check them out and we can see what we come up with. If you've been playing for a long time and have the basics down, you'll probably improve quickly with just a few tips/tweaks to your playstyle or build order. I'm not a pro player by any means, but I understand the basics of the game and can probably give you some insight.
16 Jun 2014, 05:50 AM
Benefactor 340

Hmm, add me on steam and send me some replays (click my playercard icon). I'll check them out and we can see what we come up with. If you've been playing for a long time and have the basics down, you'll probably improve quickly with just a few tips/tweaks to your playstyle or build order. I'm not a pro player by any means, but I understand the basics of the game and can probably give you some insight.

Thanks heaps man i relay appreciate it ill send u some replays soon as im going to play some games now
16 Jun 2014, 06:07 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 117

It could be good to link to some of your replays here in this thread.
16 Jun 2014, 07:42 AM
Benefactor 340

Here are two replays

16 Jun 2014, 07:56 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 11

I have found that playing too much can be as bad as playing too little. If you're frustrated, play a little less. I also find that getting up and stretching between games helps keep my head fresh.
16 Jun 2014, 07:57 AM

I think keeping a positive attitude is key to improve your play. Try to put in a gg even though you lose to bullshit, rng whatever. Give yourself some minutes to watch replays and consider what you did wrong. Good luck, have fun =)
16 Jun 2014, 08:25 AM

Just a small advice from my side. Even if you prefer the germans, try to play soviets regularly. It gives you a much better understanding of the game and makes it easier to anticipate your enemys moves, no matter the faction you play.
16 Jun 2014, 12:11 PM

Same with me, I'm so bad with germans. It's not even funny .....

But with Sovs you can dominate your opponent early on with cons. And hold the won ground with strong combined arms in mid or lategame ......

Playing the Germans you need to be carefull with your units cause they get wiped easier. Good micro is crucial to hold the most important points till you can roll out with superior tanks ....

All in all playin soviets atm is much more easier and you'll start understanding the game ...
17 Jun 2014, 06:26 AM
Benefactor 340

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Jun 2014, 07:57 AMxeno
I think keeping a positive attitude is key to improve your play. Try to put in a gg even though you lose to bullshit, rng whatever. Give yourself some minutes to watch replays and consider what you did wrong. Good luck, have fun =)

Yeah I agree I think everyone plays worse when they are frustrated, especially when you get destroyed in the first 10 minutes by m3 spam or maxim spam

I don't mind loosing a close back and forth game where my opponent played better than me, it just sucks loosing to cheap gimmicks
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★