Login

russian armor

1 vs 2AI - Sector Defense #1, German, Winter

5 Jun 2014, 08:58 AM

This is a faked single-player map. You just launch it as a custom MP map, and select yourself vs two AI opponents. In this case, you play Germans against 2 x Soviets. Your goal is to defend your sector of a front line until you win on victory points, about an hour of game time if you play for 1000 VP.

The map+script provide minor variations in the initial map configuration, some initial units for a screening force, randomized (and changing) weather, randomized/context-dependent reinforcements, AI air and artillery strikes, and a little bit of "offmap theater" on your flanks.

The randomness should make the experience somewhat different every time you play.

Your initial forces and the reinforcements provide a variety of troop types that you cannot get with any single choice of commander.

The map is pretty simple, but may include a few things you find interesting if you look closely. However, most of the work has gone into the scripting. Due to the large combination of random and circumstantial events I probably haven't executed every line of the script in context, so if you try it please use -dev and give me a line number if scar bombs off.

If you extract it and look at the script, there is a huge amount of commented-out cruft showing things I tried that either worked or didn't. (Also, I was learning scar as I went, so hopefully my next map will have a much cleaner implementation.)

There is a companion summer map, identical except for the weather.

map at Steam workshop

edit: removed outdated material
5 Jun 2014, 10:09 AM

edit: outdated post, broken links
6 Jun 2014, 06:53 AM

edit: outdated post, broken links
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

United States 6

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias