Login

russian armor

New SC2 ESports/Replay Features

21 Feb 2013, 15:00 PM
Senior Caster Badge

Oh man, have you seen this? Now this is where I imagined RTS games would be in 2013.

21 Feb 2013, 15:23 PM

All from the first 2 minutes (jump into replays directly and watch replays together) is the very least I expected. :/
21 Feb 2013, 15:51 PM
Honorary Member Badge

Those are indeed some neat features. Hopefully we will get to enjoy some of them during the lifespan of COH2 as well =)
21 Feb 2013, 15:56 PM
Developer Relic Badge
Donator 11

Wow, that is absolutely huge. I wish we could have all this also on COH2.
21 Feb 2013, 16:14 PM

Holy crap, that's a lot of cool stuff.
21 Feb 2013, 16:15 PM

I'm really hoping with the delay due to Sega acquisition we can get these features, hell I don't mind if they delay the game even longer for this.
21 Feb 2013, 16:17 PM

Yeah these features have got so much potential for everyone. The replay 'take command' thing is just wow. So simple, yet so effective!
21 Feb 2013, 17:37 PM

Looks great, though I don't think CoH2 will have any of these features at launch...
21 Feb 2013, 17:44 PM

Hopefully without the need for a quick sell SEGA will nurture the game a bit longer to include these kinds of features. Ofc they'll only do this if it's in their best interests, because if everyone's gonna buy CoH2 even if it doesn't have an observer mode in 2013 then I guess it doesn't make a difference to them.
21 Feb 2013, 18:04 PM

Wouldn't be surprised if SEGA had a higher standard, esp for the first title of the studio they just bought. If it comes out like crap, there's a chance people will just say it's SEGAs fault because blahblah evilbigpublisherEAsucks.

I trust SEGA to deliver though. If not at launch, then by patching.^^
21 Feb 2013, 18:12 PM
Strategist Badge
Donator 11

I love the take command option and recover mode. That would be so epic if relic put these features into CoH2.

First off the take command option. Imagine a situation where in a game 4 panthers were fighting a mass of soviet armour and lost the battle. Viewers watching a similar battle in vcoh would argue if the axis player could have won that fight if they did something differently. Now with the take command option viewers could actually test these theories out by jumping into that game and see if they can produce a better result and perhaps with different positioning and mirco the panthers could have won.

With recover game we would be able to minimize the effect of drop outs during matches. How many times have you played an epic 2v2 where suddenly one of the players losses connection.

Seriously these features need to be added.
21 Feb 2013, 18:14 PM
Donator 11

Instead of working on introducing Mirrors to CoH2 (which might or might not work out), I wish relic focused more on features like these. I believe everyone would welcome those changes.
21 Feb 2013, 19:20 PM

Those are just awesome features due to the reasons Hans and others pointed out. Want!

Greets
Schepp himself
21 Feb 2013, 19:32 PM

Those. features. are. just. crazy.
Made me feel like years ago when the first iPod went out. "How can this be possible ?"

Unfortunately, as we are not even sure to see spectator mod for coh2, don't even think taht we will have a "take command" thing with coh2 even after the release.

Blizzard are just the best, even with all the hate and blame around.
21 Feb 2013, 20:00 PM

"How can this be possible?"

I mean, if you put some dedicated replay watchers and shoutcast doers in a room and let them brainstorm one evening, you would get awesome stuff out of it. It's just that only a few companies invest the money for these features in their games. I hope this will create a trend that companies have an eye on replay features.

Blizzard has much money. Quantity has a quality all its own I guess.

Greets
Schepp himself
21 Feb 2013, 20:07 PM

Yea, let's ask for a Take Command feature when we are not even gonna get an Obeserver Mode...
22 Feb 2013, 02:05 AM

Dear mother of god. If COH2 has even half or a fraction of that cool stuff we will have a major win, sadly I think we may have to settle for a rewind button... which I would be ecstatic about. I tip my hat to you blizzard, but then again they have more money than the American Government so they can afford to put a HUGE amount of time into their releases and content. Hopefully Sega will give Relic all the money and support it needs not only leading up to release but post launch support.
22 Feb 2013, 02:24 AM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

The customizable resource display layout is pretty sweet too. Those look like some fantastic features, and Blizzard is raising the tech bar for RTS games with regards to observing and streaming.

I would love to hear Relic announce that we will get at least an Observer Mode for the release of COH2 under the Sega banner. When I first heard that COH2 was on the charts, my thought was "oh thank goodness, at least we'll finally have a proper observer mode." To then hear that it's not planned for the release, and to have to beg for it, has been a frustrating experience to say the least.

Please Relic, stop wasting time messing with sectors & resource mechanics, income, upkeep, and dozens of redundant doctrine/intelbulletin/commanderwhatevers and focus on stuff that your game needs, like a slick observer mode, shared replay viewings, and in-game social options so that tournament players can set their status to "busy" and not get spammed by idiots every time they try to play a tournament game. This stuff is basic stuff that we simply need to have the chance to grow the COH Franchise as an e-sport.
22 Feb 2013, 02:45 AM

22 Feb 2013, 03:38 AM

i really liked the stats screen right at the end of the video. would be awesome if we could see how stats for different maps
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 140

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight