Login

russian armor

Base Bulding / static encampments

19 Feb 2013, 14:57 PM

what kind of buildings and animation would you want to see in game .

I liked the buildings and animations in COH and was hoping to see something similar in COH 2 , With out breaking the NDA can we discuss the kind of buildings we would like to see in COH 2 .

The hard concrete buildings on the axis , the canvas ones of the allies and the trucks of the brits all had their allure , This is small and does not effect the game-play , But it does add to graphical sense of the game .

The units are no longer built , They arrive from the sides of map , Thus , the above liturate may seem redundant .However i would like to see , like if i request for a motar squad something like a radar / or radio tower or any other thing just giving the physical notion of a communication being sent to stimulate the build ...

A tractor factory kind of set up for the tank depo etc .

High hopes especially this late into the game development , But since its not mentioned anywhere and the original post in the offical forums is hidden away in just beta calls i have posted this in here .
19 Feb 2013, 18:47 PM

I believe you get trenches for the Russians as base buildings. I don't know about the Wehrmacht, cause I didn't play beta.
It would be nice to have some updated graphics, maybe even seperate graphics for each unit while it is building in the base.
19 Feb 2013, 19:48 PM

So no base buildings? Seems I get less excited every time I hear something. Provided that is true.
19 Feb 2013, 21:26 PM

So no base buildings? Seems I get less excited every time I hear something. Provided that is true.

+1 True That!
19 Feb 2013, 23:29 PM

Btw I think NDA is no more because agreement was with THQ? And since THQ no longer controls COH2 .. But ofc I don't know for sho.
19 Feb 2013, 23:30 PM

There are base buildings. The only difference is that once the units have been built in their respective building, they will come from outside the map. I think the sole purpose of that feature is to add authenticity.
19 Feb 2013, 23:34 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Feb 2013, 23:29 PM12ocky
Btw I think NDA is no more because agreement was with THQ? And since THQ no longer controls COH2 .. But ofc I don't know for sho.

I guess Sega probably owns the NDA now, so please respect it still.
20 Feb 2013, 00:09 AM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

I was allowed to write about the pre-alpha that I played in Cologne, and I can tell you that there are circular trench-looking buildings that your engineers build. Once each "tier" is finished, it allows you to call in units from off-map. The trenches all seemed to look like each other and didn't have any cool animations to show when units were being built from that tier. I was kinda bummed tbh, and wrote about it in my original review. I love the base buildings and animations in CoH.
20 Feb 2013, 06:31 AM

I really hope these 'trench-looking' buildings will be replaced with real ones. These trenchs look really bad and brings warcraft 2 in to my mind ^^

edit. didnt play alpha but there have been vids in youtube where you can see them.
20 Feb 2013, 07:41 AM
Senior Caster Badge

Everyone who wants realism and authenticity in their CoH should be happier with trenches because it made no sense that the German field HQ was suddenly bringing in massive amounts of concrete to the front lines. I personally don't really care what my base buildings look like, and although nicer graphics are always better, I don't think a trench by definition has to look worse than the sorts of buildings we got in CoH.
20 Feb 2013, 11:21 AM

I was kinda bummed tbh, and wrote about it in my original review. I love the base buildings and animations in CoH.

I read that ,though it would be taken up by the developers. And then i came across certain details which really made me apprehensive . The post was more born out of eagerness to see a polished base structure than anything else . Cause , i feel the environment of the game is also important to impress players and animations always look cool ..

I personally don't really care what my base buildings look like, and although nicer graphics are always better, I don't think a trench by definition has to look worse than the sorts of buildings we got in CoH.

Nicer graphics and slightly better details to the base buildings is all that we are asking for . The vCOH base buildings at least stood for a visual concept , The COH 2 Russian ones , sorry to be impolite - seem to come out of the "wildman" adventure game than COH 2

20 Feb 2013, 15:32 PM
Senior Caster Badge

What do you mean "stood for a visual concept?" What visual concept did they stand for that trenches can't stand for? Trenches were actual things that they actually built on actual World War II battlefields during actual battles on the Eastern Front. I don't think the Germans built many concrete buildings in Russia and they certainly didn't do it on the front lines during a battle. We've got the mirror match thread full of people saying we can't add it to the game because it would ruin the ~~**genuine World War II authenticity**~~ but then when Relic tries to put trenches in the game, something three men could actually make with a shovel and some sandbags, everyone says "no I want to go back to the magical buildings."
20 Feb 2013, 17:44 PM

Whats good about the trenches ? , Concrete or not , Majority want to see just some good base buildings with animations .

By visual concept - I meant - Like the bunker type base buildings of the axis , for me it inadvertently told me that they were German buildings , It was a visual impact more than realism . Cause every sane person knows that we cannot build humans in a factory . Can we ? , But still we play COH and like it .

**genuine World War II authenticity** - We must be kidding ourselves if we demand this in a game , Even relic admits that they want realism but not at the expense of the games feel . NGC / BBC documentaries are the places for authenticity not games .

20 Feb 2013, 21:38 PM

CoH is, in a sense, WWII themed warhammer miniatures. It's like a larger than life WWII themed board game. Just listen to the German dialogue or Panzer Elite music; it's not a simulator, it's kind of a caricature.

A huge, ugly concrete tank factory in the middle of a French town pumping out Panzers is totally awesome when you view CoH from this vantage point.
21 Feb 2013, 02:45 AM

Even if they stay trenches, they need to make each Tier more distinct
21 Feb 2013, 05:35 AM

I don't really care what they look like, but such things as artillery on the Kriegbarracks and V1's on the supply yard need to stay in spirit, they were fun and added a bit more depth to the game. Many memorable moments from such things.
21 Feb 2013, 10:38 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Feb 2013, 02:45 AMKolaris
Even if they stay trenches, they need to make each Tier more distinct

Agreed, there was hardly any difference between the basebuildings
21 Feb 2013, 12:07 PM

I don't really care what they look like, but such things as artillery on the Kriegbarracks and V1's on the supply yard need to stay in spirit, they were fun and added a bit more depth to the game. Many memorable moments from such things.

This. They can't take this away, base rushing was an awesome part of CoH. I want the buildings bigger and distinct so it is easier to drop arty on them.
21 Feb 2013, 12:57 PM

I guess Sega probably owns the NDA now, so please respect it still.

I'm replying to this as someone that has studied business law, among other things, as part of my degree in business administration. I feel it's a good time to chime in, as I keep seeing this "Sega owns the NDA" stuff pop up. Right now former testers, and community sites such as CoH2.org, are respecting the NDA as part of an honor system more than anything else. That, or they're simply not familiar with contract law, and don't realize that the NDA no longer carries weight.

The reality is that THQ is bankrupt, with just a skeleton crew on board to manage the split of assets. THQ lost the rights to Company of Heroes, THQ no longer owns Relic, and there's absolutely no way that the THQ legal team would pursue anything related to CoH at this point. Additionally, a third party (i.e. Sega) cannot simply acquire an existing contract as is just by purchasing a subsidiary of a company in which a contract existed. The NDA was with THQ, not Relic. Sega purchased Relic, not THQ.

Essentially Sega would have to get every alpha tester to accept a brand new NDA in order to retain the terms of the agreement. That's not realistic, and it'd be a waste of time. The only thing Sega could react to anything related to the alpha at this point would be copyright claims against the distribution of multimedia (i.e. screenshots, and video), under copyright law, since they now own the rights to the IP.

With that said, I'm among those willing to honor the agreement, despite the situation with THQ. I would like to see CoH 2 succeed, so if the people behind it feel it's not the right time to discuss the game yet then I'm willing to wait.

Edit: I just noticed something quite amusing while evaluating the agreement again. There are a number of flaws that I've found in the agreement, but the biggest by far is the failure to link the agreement to the actual alpha test. The entire agreement is based around the "Beta Test", which hasn't even begun yet. Essentially that one mistake pretty much invalidated the agreement in relation to the alpha test, and this is why it's so important to pay attention to wording when drafting legal agreements.
21 Feb 2013, 14:55 PM

I have to admit, I always liked building the T4 building for axis and allies. Just big factories that basically say: Now it's on!

Greets
Schepp himself
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight