Login

russian armor

Do vanilla bulletins affect doctrinal units?

26 May 2014, 19:25 PM
Patrion 27

So I found this thread: http://www.gamereplays.org/community/Do_Grenadier_and_Stug_III_Bulletins_affect_Assault_Grenadiers_and_Stug_III_Esl-t935531.html and I'm wondering if any smarty pants out there have confirmation or information to help me answer this question.

I have noticed Tiger bulletins being unlocked by the Tiger Ace and ROFL says Assgrens are the unit type "grenadier" and benefit from the Gren bulletins.

I just tested the Stug III E with the standard stug reload bulletins and it seems to be slightly faster but it's hard to tell.

I have tested the Soviet bulletin Battlefield Menace: barbed wire and TM-35 mines build 10% faster, on Partisans and it did indeed work (it doesn't say Combat Engineers build faster, but the items themselves do.)

26 May 2014, 20:16 PM

As far as I know the bulletin and the unit have to have the exact same name.

That is to say, Assault Grenadiers do not get any benefit from any bulletin that just lists "Grenadier." This also means that Stug E do not get any benefit from Stug G bulletins, etc etc.

I could be wrong though.
26 May 2014, 20:27 PM

Yeah, they need to be unit-specific. As Ciez rightly pointed out, units like T34/85s will not get any bonuses from the T34/76 bulletins for example.
26 May 2014, 20:29 PM
Patrion 27

jump backJump back to quoted post26 May 2014, 20:16 PMCieZ
As far as I know the bulletin and the unit have to have the exact same name.

That is to say, Assault Grenadiers do not get any benefit from any bulletin that just lists "Grenadier." This also means that Stug E do not get any benefit from Stug G bulletins, etc etc.

I could be wrong though.

So in the linked thread ROFL says he was looking at the game files and Assgrens are the unit type "grenadier" which is what really riled my curiosity here. He is also saying the PIV command tank counts as a PIV.

I also noticed all of the Stug III bulletins don't specify "Stug III G" like the machine gun bulletins tend to specify "Maxims and MG42 gain x effect" ruling out the DShK.
26 May 2014, 21:02 PM
Honorary Member Badge

Qualifying for them often shows no consistent pattern, so I would be suprised if using them does.

Despite Tiger Aces being Tigers:

KV1 you can get in early TOW does not count as a KV1 for:

Just a Scratch! Get a KV1 to Veterancy Rank 3.

Therefore I would be suprised if it benefited from it

The "STUG III" bulletins do not generally count STUG-Es towards them, so I would be suprised if they worked the other way

I am looking at putting together an overall guide towards the bulletins, so any information we get is good
27 May 2014, 03:14 AM

What about Heavy Machine Guns get 10% exp and the DShK?
27 May 2014, 10:48 AM

Good thread.

Maybe someone from Relic can enlighten us. Thanks!
27 May 2014, 11:07 AM
Donator 11

I would love to have these questions answered, people have been asking this since release!
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★