Login

russian armor

Removing Icons When Using Fraps

4 Feb 2013, 18:00 PM

Hey everyone, I have been messing around with Fraps and I was curious if anyone knew of a way to turn off team colors and icons for resources. I want to try and get the game with just units and no in game colors/icons etc. Is there even a way to possibly do this?? I find that when I try and get angles of stuff I get a bunch of muni and fuel icons all over the place.

-Sheep
4 Feb 2013, 18:08 PM
Honorary Member Badge

some helpfull console commands to unable all the interface graphics. You need to run the game in " -dev" mode and open the console (hit ctrl+shift+~) while watching a replay. Then use the following commands

- message_hide: hides things like "Playback" and "Paused"
- message_show
- game_hideui: hides alot of stuff, such as squad selection and icons
- game_showui
- cursor_hide: hides the cursor
- cursor_show
- UI_TerritoryHide: hides the territory lines
- UI_TerritoryShow

sometimes -dev mode leads to problems with replays that have beem recorded in regular mode though. Some action may trigger unsynchs, where the game shown is no longer the same as the one that was played.
4 Feb 2013, 18:12 PM

Hey Sam, thanks for the fast reply, do open the Dev mode is that something I have to do in Windows before hand (editing properties and adding -dev)? I kept wondering why I could not open the console and thats possibly why
4 Feb 2013, 18:18 PM
Honorary Member Badge

you can open the console no matter of -dev mode or not. Some commands, like the ones above, only work in dev mode though.

the console command may depend on the keyboard language. You can find the specific keybinding by opening the RelicCOH.ini in the COH installation folder, using a text editor. The line should read:
Code
Console
consoleKey = CONTROL+SHIFT+GRAVE

You may edit the keybinding to whatever you want though, like
Code

Console
consoleKey = CONTROL+SHIFT+s

if you have problems with Grave (~).

To start the game in -dev mode you have to apply a starting option to the COH shortcut by rightclicking on the shortcut, opening the properties tab and add " -dev" at the end, so that it reads similar to:
Code

"D:\Games\Company of Heroes\RelicCOH.exe" -dev

4 Feb 2013, 18:28 PM

Sam your a gentleman and a scholar I will give this a shot thanks. My tilde key does not seem to work, possibly because I am running COH on my iMac with bootcamp(lets you run windows) so COH may not like my keyboard.

-Sheep
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 36
Germany 35

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak