Login

russian armor

Interviews with producers about Western Front

10 Apr 2014, 12:33 PM
10 Apr 2014, 13:07 PM
10 Apr 2014, 13:53 PM

Or balance even for the couple of months before the release. Balance will be just a distant dream for the next 6 months after the expansion is released...
10 Apr 2014, 15:25 PM
Patrion 27

"Strategy Informer: Has the community been very supportive of all the previous changes?

Greg Wilson: We've talked about this internally a few times but are happy to share it, Company of Heroes 2 is outperforming Company of Heroes over the same time frame. The fans have responded by purchasing and engagement and we work with them regularly. We've got forums and fan-sites, and we're collecting telemetry as Quinn mentioned regarding games as a service. We're using a combination of all these pieces to make informed decisions about where we're heading for the franchise, what content we're adding and why we're adding it, and how it's going to help empower the community to really get engaged. Our ultimate goal with COH is to provide the ultimate WW2 experience. That's what the franchise is all about and that's what we're aiming to deliver."

AKA No

10 Apr 2014, 15:27 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Apr 2014, 13:53 PMTNrg
Or balance even for the couple of months before the release. Balance will be just a distant dream for the next 6 months after the expansion is released...

Is it really fair to ask for lots of balance updates when everything will be so new though? It'll take months for the player base to really unlock the potential and learn the new factions properly. I hope that Relic don't start patching too often due to knee-jerk reactions when they release the new factions.
10 Apr 2014, 16:07 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Apr 2014, 15:27 PMMadeMan

Is it really fair to ask for lots of balance updates when everything will be so new though? It'll take months for the player base to really unlock the potential and learn the new factions properly. I hope that Relic don't start patching too often due to knee-jerk reactions when they release the new factions.

It is always fair to expect frequent balance updates.

It's true that some issues require a lot of time to sort out and I think most people are willing to give Relic balancers the breathing room they need in those instances.

That being said, other balance issues are more straightforward and palpably game-breaking, but the fixes end up getting stalled by the more difficult problems because Relic takes a milestone approach to balancing.

This is sort of where we are now with the gren and scout car spam. It's why the Elite commander was ignored for nearly three months and why there's some pessimism going forward.

Relic has improved since the vCoH days, but they still have a way to go.
10 Apr 2014, 16:29 PM

It is always fair to expect frequent balance updates.

It's true that some issues require a lot of time to sort out and I think most people are willing to give Relic balancers the breathing room they need in those instances.

That being said, other balance issues are more straightforward and palpably game-breaking, but the fixes end up getting stalled by the more difficult problems because Relic takes a milestone approach to balancing.

This is sort of where we are now with the gren and scout car spam. It's why the Elite commander was ignored for nearly three months and why there's some pessimism going forward.

Relic has improved since the vCoH days, but they still have a way to go.

I might have phrased that wrong. What I mean is that when the new content lands there might be some units/tactics that seem really overpowered or broken, but that might just be because we haven't learnt to deal with it yet. It might take us a month or so of experimenting and then we'll discover it's actually not broken at all.

I'm just saying I don't want them to hear cries of 'broken!' and then nerf something which might not have needed it, only to have to then release ANOTHER patch to bring it back to parity.

Let it all simmer for a little while and if the playerbase can't find any way around it, then go for a balance patch.

Obviously this doesn't account for something horrendously broken or bugs etc.
10 Apr 2014, 18:03 PM

"I said we wanted to create the complete World War Two experience with Company of Heroes 2 so the future will hold lots of interesting things for our fans!" -Greg Wilson-

pacific war inc. as soon as Western Fronts will be considered slighty balanced
:D
10 Apr 2014, 21:52 PM
10 Apr 2014, 22:52 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Apr 2014, 15:27 PMMadeMan

Thank god someone else understands this. Most people still will cry for patches after day 1 of any patch however.
10 Apr 2014, 22:56 PM

"Strategy Informer: Has the community been very supportive of all the previous changes?

Greg Wilson: We've talked about this internally a few times but are happy to share it, Company of Heroes 2 is outperforming Company of Heroes over the same time frame. The fans have responded by purchasing and engagement and we work with them regularly. We've got forums and fan-sites, and we're collecting telemetry as Quinn mentioned regarding games as a service. We're using a combination of all these pieces to make informed decisions about where we're heading for the franchise, what content we're adding and why we're adding it, and how it's going to help empower the community to really get engaged. Our ultimate goal with COH is to provide the ultimate WW2 experience. That's what the franchise is all about and that's what we're aiming to deliver."

AKA No

lol, thought the exact same thing. That guy would make a great politician though.
18 Apr 2014, 04:31 AM
Patrion 14

raw
18 Apr 2014, 06:04 AM

AKA No

Games as a service is a terrible idea for RTS. I can see that idea working for MMOs, but not this game.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★