Login

russian armor

Western fronts

5 Apr 2014, 01:13 AM

hey everyone

I saw on steam something about western fronts coming to company of heroes 2, does anyone know anymore about this?
5 Apr 2014, 01:19 AM
5 Apr 2014, 01:22 AM

hmmmmm, Looks good, but a t-34 on western fronts???
5 Apr 2014, 01:25 AM

hmmmmm, Looks good, but a t-34 on western fronts???
All the factions will be playing together.
5 Apr 2014, 01:47 AM

Western fronts is a Expansion for CoH2.
It adds the US army and a secound german faction the Oberkommando West army.It adds completely new Units to the game like shermans, rangers, Jagdtiger, Sturmtiger........
5 Apr 2014, 01:50 AM

ohhhhh I was thinking it was going to be just like coh1. Hopefully there will be a flak 88mm, love that on coh1!
5 Apr 2014, 04:22 AM

ohhhhh I was thinking it was going to be just like coh1. Hopefully there will be a flak 88mm, love that on coh1!
\
Most likely. The 88 is a big part of the germans and they noticably left it out of the ostheer.
6 Apr 2014, 20:51 PM
Patrion 310

Yeah a 88mm and blast them back to Great Britain :). I suppose I have to buy this game anyway... :).
7 Apr 2014, 01:03 AM

A lot of people seem to be under the impression that these are going to be the same factions from vCOH. They will be rather surprized when they realize the truth.

"Quinn: There’re a number of things, we won’t get into too many details but that was part of the strategy with the Soviets. The old Allied army was kinda the vanilla army to put it in tabletop terms, they were kinda the core army to introduce players and the Soviets were our vanilla army the same degree and so the armies will occupy different continuums in playstyles. So there’s going to be some recognizable elements in the US army for sure."

This means that they are going to be trying to do something different for these factions. Ostheer already resembles the old warmachte a lot. It sounds like they will play a lot like the old brits with lighter tanks early and really big tanks late game, and a few TDs in between for good measure.

The americans are supposed to be really mobile compared to the soviets. AT infantry, turreted tank destroyers and armored SPGs like the priest. Not to mention quick reacting Airborne to reinforce your lines.
7 Apr 2014, 01:08 AM

I reckon the US Army is going to be far more based on infantry play than any of the other factions, and I wouldn't be surprised if Paratroopers/Paradrops were a core unit as opposed to a commander ability.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★