Login

russian armor

(2 - 4) Surazh

3 Apr 2014, 11:00 AM
Donator 11

This will be as I call it my showcase map.
Everything I've wanted to do or thought about doing with the worldbuilder is in this map.
Spend about a week building it and it's still not quite finished.

leave a comment or a note down below,
Thanks!

Steam Workshop

8 Apr 2014, 14:43 PM
Developer Relic Badge

Hey martijnhelweg!

Now this is the kind of map I like to see! You have a lot of unique ideas in here, but I have a few criticisms that should help you flesh out the map a little!

Comments from other judges will soon follow, but for this, I will be commenting entirely on the visuals of your map.

• Firstly, you've made good use of the light in this map, with the sun casting shadows on all of the textures you've used, but I would try to reduce the shadows cast by objects. Without unit opacity, it's impossible to see units that are hidden in shadows, and takes away from the visual effect in game.
  • Although that first one isn't much of a problem, if you want to massively improve your visuals, I would highly invest in more Splats! You want to ensure that you maps has a decent coverage of grass, dirt and rubble Splats to add more detail to any bare areas.
  • On that note, this map is far too clean for its own good. You have created something beautiful. Now destroy it. Add some craters and rubble Splats around the map to really show off the atmosphere that an Urban map can give! Also try tearing some buildings apart by Editing their State and adding Building Damage. Force players to choose which buildings are the safest to use!

Other than this, you have a good contender here!

Best of luck, and await the comments from the other judges!
9 Apr 2014, 10:10 AM
Donator 11

MonolithicBacon,

Thank you for viewing my map and the comment that followed.

I have taken your points very seriously and changed allot around the map, the atmosphere has changed and the shadows aren't so dark anymore!
Several buildings have taken lots of damage and rubble is added next to buildings with splats for some good details.

As you can see and the bottom picture I've added some fire to the town-sqaure (also added ''fx_soundattach'' to make the sound of a fire).

Also completely filled the map with splats and splines to give the kind of depth a detailed map should have (hope I nailed it).

Making rubble and destroying buildings wasn't one of my strong points so I have done what I could looking at pictures of city's in COH from google, hope it's good enough :)!

Hope you like the changes I've made,
again, thanks for the help!

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight