2 Apr 2014, 19:28 PM

Name: Krasnoye Selo winter
Players: 3v3 (4v4)
Steam Workshop Page
Speedyshare link upd. 12-05-14

8 Apr 2014, 14:36 PM
Developer Relic Badge

Hey Nebaka!

So, what we have here is an excellent map concept! I love the ideas that you have, but what I'll be leaving here are a few comments on how I would personally improve the visuals, in the hope that you can take them away and come back stronger for the finally judging period!

I should also tell you that I am commenting on your map now, early, as I will not be here when the actual judging commences. Expect comments from the other judges soon!

So, let's get to it:

• To begin with, you have made good use of the Snow Tiles and Splines, but your Splats are lacking. Wherever you have trees or objects in the snow, try to use Splats beneath them to snow that they are actually making an impression on the environment. For example, there are some exceptional snow_dirt splats that look great under Groves of trees, to look like brances have left holes in the snow, and such. Used sparingly and well, Splats can really add some serious depth to your map!
  • Secondly, you have some objects that appear to be placed randomly, and stand out. Rocks, Groves and defences should have smaller objects attached or near them to make the scene appear realistic. For example, a grove of trees on its own seems out of place, so try adding some lone trees nearby, some scrub on the ground, and maybe tree stumps to add detail. Similarly, where you have walls of barbed wire, you could place sandbag piles near them, to make them look like old or collapsed defences.
  • Finally, you have plenty of deep snow around the map, but the centre, where the map is open and exposed is almost clear of it. I would try adding pockets of deep snow where it would fall realistically in this area, such as around the tank traps, to add a tactical challenge!

Other than this, everything looks good! Try to work on a minimap image, and await the other judges comments!

Good luck!
23 May 2014, 16:44 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

Nice map. Hans is streaming a game on it right now. Some are saying it's a little small for 4v4 and might suffer from some pathing issues.

Looks great IMO. :thumbsup:
24 May 2014, 09:49 AM

I have created map for 3v3. I added 4v4 just for fun because it was too big for 2v2 and I did not expect to win that contest.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 24
unknown 2
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak