Login

russian armor

Did they ninja buff 120 and Ostheer mortar?

1 Apr 2014, 08:19 AM

Is it just me unlucky (or lucky) that I always get squad wiped (or squad wipe) with the first shot without even telling them to target after patch?

They are super deadly now. :o
1 Apr 2014, 08:42 AM

Haven't noticed any change.
1 Apr 2014, 08:53 AM

it seems to me like the german mortar is a redicious OP fast firing, super accurate death machine

and the 120 is inaccurate, and rarely gets any kills

but it's ALL RNG so idk
1 Apr 2014, 09:09 AM

Is it just me unlucky (or lucky) that I always get squad wiped (or squad wipe) with the first shot without even telling them to target after patch?

Could be related to two issues:

1. technical - gren decreased armor value
2. gameplay - soviet and german inf squads are more static now, due to the fact they need to stay in cover and not moving so much as before. Mortars are less accurate on moving squads.
1 Apr 2014, 09:16 AM
Patrion 14

I don't think cover ever mattered to aoe weapons. However, units clumped up in cover will be easier to take out with aoe weapons.
1 Apr 2014, 09:18 AM

units clumped up in cover well be easier to take out with aoe weapons.

This.
1 Apr 2014, 09:27 AM

Could be related to two issues:

1. technical - gren decreased armor value
2. gameplay - soviet and german inf squads are more static now, due to the fact they need to stay in cover and not moving so much as before. Mortars are less accurate on moving squads.

Armor value never had an influence on explosive damage, only on small arms fire. The old 1.5 armor grenadiers, 2.25 armor shock troopers and 1 armor conscripts, all took the same damage from explosives.

Your other point is probably why the mortars seem better now. As far as I know the mortars did not receive a buff.

I don't think cover ever mattered to aoe weapons. However, units clumped up in cover well be easier to take out with aoe weapons.

I've seen chest-high walls protecting units from grenades/mortars landing on the other side. And some craters also seem to protect the units hiding inside of them. Cover does help when it's between the units and the explosion.
1 Apr 2014, 09:33 AM

Nope, neither lucky nor unlucky. I have same issue

However, due to game mechanics change everyone is fighting from cover (bunched up) and mortars have easy target.

Subsequently, they get promoted quite fast and vet 1/2 mortars become very precise and deadly. I had multiple half squad and 3/4 squad wipes on moving infantry in single games.

Plus due to everyone being in the cover and not being able to play fast aggressive infantry combat, you guessed it, mortars are very popular.
1 Apr 2014, 09:38 AM
Donator 11

For some reason I thought that grenades (and thus perhaps mortars) did more damage in cover (as they would in real life). I'm certain flames have this effect - at least in COH1
1 Apr 2014, 19:04 PM

They're still dependent on RNG. Some games I wipe everything and it vets up, making it wipe more, some games I get 3 kills.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★