Login

russian armor

(2 - 4) Tigreslov

29 Mar 2014, 09:10 AM

Tigreslov 1v1 (2v2)

Steam link: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=227055691
WB file link: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/yje8ei9yutfxl/Tigreslov (king of the road)

Wb file link works now!
8 Apr 2014, 13:42 PM
Developer Relic Badge

Hey Tigerfels!

So, as I will be away over the next week, I will be dropping you my comments for the judging early, and the comments of the other judges will follow.

Firsly, please ensure that your WB link is working! At the moment, it's redirecting to Mediafire's main page, rather than your file.

As for the map, I have a few pointers for you, but in all, I see a very well-made map that only needs tweaks.

• Firstly, you have focussed heavily on Splats to show off your visuals, but with the change in Tile counts, you need not rely on. If you do not have 8 tiles on your map, use them! 8 different textures can go a long way. The main Splat that you've used to show off the Yellow Grass is very noticable, and doesn't blend the way that Splats should. What I would recommend is to look for a Hay-based Tile and to use that alongside some of your Splats.
  • Additionally, some of the Splats that you have used are expanded beyond their optimal size, which dramatically drops their resolution and detail. If you must have these larger Splats, reduce their opacity to make their flaws blend in more. Ideally, I would remove the larger Splats and replace them with Tiles.
  • Finally, make sure that your atmosphere settings and Sunlight colour match. You have a dark sky with a very bright map, which confuses the eye a little. I wouldn't change the sunlight at all, so make sure to choose a sky texture that matches it!

All in all, you've made a swell map, and I look forward to seeing it in the second round of judging!
8 Apr 2014, 14:58 PM
Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Point 1: The lighting in the loading screen just doesn't look right.

Point 2: Gravestones outside a house just don't look right. If you're going for that make it further away from the house and use sticks not stone.

Point 3: The two tank wrecks on the right look odd. I would make it so the turrets are pointing towards each other and have them smoking or something.

Point 4: Too many choke points/corridors.

Point 5: The stone road looks strange as the area doesn't suit it. I would personally change it to a dirt road.
9 Apr 2014, 19:06 PM

I start rebuilding and new pictures from completed areas... (in steam workshop)

12 Apr 2014, 13:54 PM

I destroy graves. Splats are deleted and new splats added. I work on tiles. Some objects deleted. South wrecked pz4 rotated to kv. Atmosphere options are adjusted. I make a new tactical map and loading screen. New road and road edge splines...
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 10
United States 4
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak