Login

russian armor

L2P thread of post-patched Soviet

PAGES (8)down
27 Mar 2014, 16:41 PM

Well ,not person, but the way you are trying to undermine my credibility here is just pathetic.

You just assume I´m a German fanboy, because I have a different opinion. This way you don´t have to deal with any argument.

And that´s weak.

it's pretty much proven that a player who only plays one faction majority has no clue about balance, you need to have.... different perspectives so you can see the whole picture. that's why i'm calling you out on your 'opinions.' i'm saying that.. you only believe the game is balanced because you have yet to experience soviets with this patch...

you should try it sometime. (playing sovjet, that is)
(it also makes you a better player for the original faction you like... y'know.. the deeper understanding of timings, costs, unit abilities and etc of another faction can help you out with germans, and if you're a soviet fanboy, vice versa!)
27 Mar 2014, 16:44 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Mar 2014, 16:41 PMbuckers

god you're thick. i need to take a break from this forum. it's like i'm surrounded by thousands of nullists.

actually the sov fangirls have been the ones acting more like nullist. you should leave. then some of this whine(that is all lies to make relic nerf the germans) will be gone.
27 Mar 2014, 16:47 PM

god i hate commie fangirls. thank god they are too dumb to use cover and tactics. so much fun getting revenge for the easy mode soviet spam ran around with shocks and kill all german infantry. ahhh yes let the tears flow. comrade stalin will have to hand out free passes to his moustache rides to calm the hordes of sov whinegirls.

Haters hate.
27 Mar 2014, 17:08 PM

So if Relic change the pios to *not overpowered*, of what will now the soviets complain?
27 Mar 2014, 17:20 PM

So if Relic change the pios to *not overpowered*, of what will now the soviets complain?

I believe assgrens are next on the list.
27 Mar 2014, 17:30 PM

I think as it stands Soviets feel very much like a faction that needs to push aggressively to prevent Ost armor. However, this is much harder now since they have few native assault units (units with automatic weapons, actually none without doctrine). All of their basic units lack automatic weapons as the game opens.

So I would agree that this patch is unbalanced, but then again when has any patch been balanced? They are working towards balance.

By the way, the world is not ending because COH2 is not balanced today. I should know I played Ost all the way through Windustry.
27 Mar 2014, 17:36 PM

What I don't get is how us Soviet players are expected to put up with gimped infantry that don't do enough damage to ward off Axis infantry, and then the ubermensch turbo-charged Panther hordes that have always had team games held by the balls.
27 Mar 2014, 17:41 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Mar 2014, 17:20 PMZtormi

I believe assgrens are next on the list.

Another nerf to them, good. Next?
27 Mar 2014, 17:46 PM
Donator 22

Another nerf to them, good. Next?

replace the op grens with volkssturm.
27 Mar 2014, 17:55 PM

replace the op grens with volkssturm.

Ok, done. Next?
27 Mar 2014, 18:20 PM

Ok, done. Next?
Replace Panther with Panzer 38t.
27 Mar 2014, 18:24 PM

Ok, done. Next?

Rifle Nades, I guarantee it.
27 Mar 2014, 18:33 PM

Ok guys, keep going with the german nerfs, we're doing good.
27 Mar 2014, 18:46 PM
Donator 22

Replace Panther with Panzer 38t.

panzer 38t?! Goat Ace!

this would be much better:

but wait this looks like an kar98k. Could be OP :S
27 Mar 2014, 18:50 PM

Cover really makes all the difference now. Stats are stats but it's all about how you handle your units.

I guess CoH2 got much more less casual player friendly.
27 Mar 2014, 19:29 PM
Patrion 310

I think we need to rename 2 units. Pioneers need to be renamed Combat Pioneers. Combat Engineers need to be renamed to Engineers. Seems more in line with their roles :)

People also keep saying you need 2x cons to beat 1x gren. This idea is fine, but why does it take 480mp to beat 240mp? If soviets need 2 units to beat 1, the units needs to be made cheaper. This also encourages "spam" which German players seem to keep complaining about. As it stands now, it feels like early game Soviets can build as many conscripts as Germans build grenadiers (due to the reduced starting mp) but Germans get T1 including in that and will apparently win because Soviets need twice as many units.

What I would like to see is either changing some Soviet units out of commanders and into the standard core of units or put some German units into doctrines. I think most would agree (at least before) that Panzer Grens are roughly equivalent to Shocks. This being the case (armour / damage aside), why do the Germans have this as a standard unit with excellent AT capability, where as shocks do not have that and are a doctrinal unit. Guards are also no where near as good AT. I'm not saying guards suck at AT, but soviets seem to require 2 units where as Germany gets one. Panzer grens when vetted are still decent against infantry even with 2 Panzer shrecks as well.
27 Mar 2014, 19:45 PM

#1 Soviets are not Americans.

#2 Soviet micro is stupid if Germans barely have to do anything. Why would a soviet player bother playing with the insta win faction that requires no skill.

#3 Why the hell would any soviet bother with "micro, cover, L2P" if that means super intense russian play is the only way to fight against casual German play that has no worries?

It is a psychological issue. No russian wants to play if germans just have to sit on their asses to win.
27 Mar 2014, 19:48 PM

I think we need to rename 2 units. Pioneers need to be renamed Combat Pioneers. Combat Engineers need to be renamed to Engineers. Seems more in line with their roles :)

People also keep saying you need 2x cons to beat 1x gren. This idea is fine, but why does it take 480mp to beat 240mp? If soviets need 2 units to beat 1, the units needs to be made cheaper. This also encourages "spam" which German players seem to keep complaining about. As it stands now, it feels like early game Soviets can build as many conscripts as Germans build grenadiers (due to the reduced starting mp) but Germans get T1 including in that and will apparently win because Soviets need twice as many units.

Because, like, all Soviet infantry, weapons, and tactics were inferior to German supertech and ubermensch soldaten (even if less than 50% of all Heer infantry units were considered angriff bereit (lit. "attack ready"), or combat fit, in time for Operation Barbarossa )! The Soviets needed to expend so much manpower in order to achieve tactical and strategic goals, that this needs to be represented in game as well as their losing streak all the way up to the gates of Moscow.

/sarcasm off

27 Mar 2014, 20:02 PM

I played only 2 games with germans since patch, both easy win, no fun.
So I played soviets, like 30+ games now, all 1v1. Went from rank ~30 to 100 in a hopeless losing streak, winning only when I met really different skill players.
But I'm finally slowly understanding how soviets have to be played now, and am climbing the ladder again.

Use cover, don't charge, etc etc, this has been said again again.
But I'll give you other things I noticed.
1. You will need ammo, way more than before. Plant mines and demos as soon as you can. Use oorah to charge or escape an engagement.
Do not hesitate to build an ammo cache if you can afford it.
2. Flamers are your friends. They will stop pio/pgren charge and make them crawl instead of charging you, and they also deal more damage vs units in cover (if I'm not mistaking).
3. Pio are overestimated. Sure, they will win 1v1 vs cons if they are close, but if they have to close in while cons focus them, they will lose. So, stay calm, do not charge them, and you should be fine.
4. Counter to german scout car => mines. Plant mines. I know, I said it yet, but I'll say it again, plant fucking mines everywhere.
5. You'll have to lose to learn new soviets, deal with it. Forget your so beautiful winning streak and stats, play, lose, and learn from it. Then you'll start to win.
27 Mar 2014, 20:06 PM

I played only 2 games with germans since patch, both easy win, no fun.
So I played soviets, like 30+ games now, all 1v1. Went from rank ~30 to 100 in a hopeless losing streak, winning only when I met really different skill players.
But I'm finally slowly understanding how soviets have to be played now, and am climbing the ladder again.

Use cover, don't charge, etc etc, this has been said again again.
But I'll give you other things I noticed.
1. You will need ammo, way more than before. Plant mines and demos as soon as you can. Use oorah to charge or escape an engagement.
Do not hesitate to build an ammo cache if you can afford it.
2. Flamers are your friends. They will stop pio/pgren charge and make them crawl instead of charging you, and they also deal more damage vs units in cover (if I'm not mistaking).
3. Pio are overestimated. Sure, they will win 1v1 vs cons if they are close, but if they have to close in while cons focus them, they will lose. So, stay calm, do not charge them, and you should be fine.
4. Counter to german scout car => mines. Plant mines. I know, I said it yet, but I'll say it again, plant fucking mines everywhere.
5. You'll have to lose to learn new soviets, deal with it. Forget your so beautiful winning streak and stats, play, lose, and learn from it. Then you'll start to win.

+1 for positive useful and constructive feedback
PAGES (8)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Netherlands 9
Germany 2
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L