Login

russian armor

Map Balance/Potentially redesigning some maps

26 Mar 2014, 15:51 PM

I feel like this is something the Devs should be looking into now. Especially since the game has changed drastically. If we are going to change how units perform on the field on such a drastic level, shouldn't we be paying attention to how the maps are designed in terms of capture point layout? Or even the amount of cover presented? I mean these maps were designed off of an old system of gameplay now, using cover in many situations but not completely relying on cover.

Thoughts?
26 Mar 2014, 22:14 PM

Good point.
My concern is about Steppes. Middle fuel and corner VP where both muni points are located have completely zero cover. Soviets will have especially hard time trying to get middle fuel; Germans just simply have to place their units into trench below, shoot everything with their superior weapons, and send pios to cap fuel.
Wide flanking is still an option, like double penal or double cons going through middle VP and swinging very wide around the trees, so this way they come right behind Germans.
Of course, such long flanking takes long time, leaving no window for sitting and capping.

I agree that the landshaft on the map has to be more elaborated. Like few burned down vehicles around most important points would add more depth to tactical gameplay.
26 Mar 2014, 22:29 PM

AI needs to be redone once more. Soviet AI is not used to the weapons changes and suffers massive squadwipes, instantly losing from bleeding. German AI is not used to armor reduction and also suffer massive squadwipes from standing out in the open and in really bad places when charging. They also lose from bleeding.
27 Mar 2014, 04:22 AM

We need more covers in Minsk, and please make Stalingrad less ugly. I know Stalingrad is a living hell so soldiers did fight in that living hell in WW2 so Relic just make a living hell map for eastern front, but please don't give the living hell feel to the player himself/herself, I have no ideas where is the cover, where is the impassable wall, where is the garrison able buildings, and where is where whatever. It just looks the fucking same in the whole map, ruins, ruins everywhere.
27 Mar 2014, 12:28 PM

Let's not derail this thread, it has potential.
27 Mar 2014, 12:41 PM

Fine. Yes indeed a lot of maps need a re-design. There are currently a lot of open spaces on certain maps that make it impossible for soviets to close in without getting torn apart by long range grenadiers.

For instance, the left fuel point on kholodney ferma. You can park a lmg42 gren squad there and nothing short of a sniper can dislodge them cost effectively.
27 Mar 2014, 18:32 PM

Permanently Banned
In some maps if you get the bad side -> loosing on start!
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 55

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight