Login

russian armor

The Judging Criteria

21 Mar 2014, 10:39 AM
Developer Relic Badge

Judging Criteria

Here, you will find the criteria that the judges at the Bickering Table will be using to find out whose map is the best of the best! Below, we have a 3-point system that will separate each entrant into the later stages: the higher your points, the higher your chance of getting through to the finals.

However, don't think that this competition will be all about points! Pure ingenuity and creativity will always be desired above all, and we are looking for the most constructive projects possible. However, the criteria below will ensure that your maps are at least playable!

If you have any questions or concerns, or simply want some friendly advice about how to make your map, then here is the place to post!

Just make sure that you don't post your maps here. We want them here.
25 Mar 2014, 22:16 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

I'm not agreeing with the +2 score for the territory layout. In my opinion you can make perfectly fine maps if you slightly adjust the amount of strat or muni points. A couple of the Relic maps have adjusted values as well.

Can you clarify the feedback about having 2+ water sources? I htink a couple of the relic maps have again more than 2 water sources.

OVerall this is a very helpful table :)
25 Mar 2014, 23:02 PM
Developer Relic Badge

Don't worry too much about the scores. They're merely guidelines to work with.

When it comes down to territory, the +2 category is designed around the "ideal" layout for all map sizes. Fluctuation in munitions and fuel are to be expected in some maps, and we'll look out for them.

And again, the number of water sources is the "ideal" amount. Each water tap lowers the optimisation of the map considerably. Some Relic maps have more (particularly the mud maps), but they are well optimised in other ways to compensate for this.
31 Mar 2014, 15:12 PM

The designer should be able to choose not to have water and not have it hurt the map score...
31 Mar 2014, 20:37 PM
Developer Relic Badge

Don't worry about maps not having water. As I've said, these are only guidelines, and maps entirely based on land will have as much chance as those who use more than 2 water taps.

More than anything, this system is to show us any areas of weakness where maps need improvement, particularly with regards to visuals and balance.
6 Apr 2014, 21:27 PM

When can we expect map reviews? Im eager to know what I should tweak on my map.
7 Apr 2014, 10:02 AM
Developer Relic Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Apr 2014, 21:27 PMSait
When can we expect map reviews? Im eager to know what I should tweak on my map.

I will personally be reviewing maps today and tomorrow, as I will not be present during the first stage of judging. However, all other feedback will be issued from the 11th April, as the maps are judged for the first time.

You will have until the second round of judging to complete any changes.
18 Apr 2014, 07:53 AM

There will be feedbacks for maps in next days??
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS