Login

russian armor

Morta in game

21 Feb 2014, 12:44 PM

In the last time i realised that the mortas ( russan and german) are maybe a bit to heavy and prizise ? It´s not seldome that your conscript squad get dezimised from 6 to 1 men by one shot. especialy the german morta shows this behaviour. I play both sides ( %) When i played the germans my morta was able to get on vet 3 in 4 mins of the game and he ever hits the target rather acruate. I am the only with this opinion ?
21 Feb 2014, 17:30 PM
Patrion 27

As you will often hear on the forums when you have a question like this: post a replay. If we can watch you playing against mortars we can find out how to help you.

There are a couple of tips I can give you.

Listen for mortar fire. Watch a replay with a mortar and try to predict where the shell will hit based on the sound. I am usually within a meter or two because the sound design is really strong in this game.

Stay mobile. If your opponent goes for a mortar early don't just camp out. with an MG42. Stay unpredictable and tech to Mechanized Company to get Pgrens or even a 222 to hunt down the mortar. Also, definitely don't try to counter mortar with sniper.

Now for when you are playing with mortar.

Use spotters. This is why I would like to watch one of your replays to help you more. If yor opponent is nearly wiping your squads I have a strong feeling they were using other units to grant vision for their barrages. I also have a feeling you were bunching your units in cover where the AOE from shells will hit every model.

Stay mobile. After every barrage move your mortar even if only a couple of meters away. If you hold down shift, barrage, then set up somewhere else your mortar will barrage then automatically move there (shift-queuing)

Both sides have a counter to mortars:

120mm outranges the Ostheer mortar.

Mortar half-track is highly mobile and has incendiary barrage to hose set up teams.

Cheers.
21 Feb 2014, 18:30 PM

never use the fire ability by any mortar crews. Let them shoot at their own and they aimin 100% better.

Dont use the German Counter ability its usless.

Dont use any Bulletins for better aiming they totaly broken!!! they decrease your Acc 100%.

As germans dont built a normal mortar its not needed cause there is no Coverfight in CoH2 (vs houses or cover u ve riffelnates) Also the german Mortar is goin to lose all the time vs Sovjet mortars.

The Mortar HT is awesome just spam the flameshells

Russians are OP when uve enough munition to spam the single shoot

21 Feb 2014, 19:06 PM

Permanently Banned

Russians are OP when uve enough munition to spam the single shoot

not anymore.
21 Feb 2014, 21:30 PM

i never ever get sov mortar compare to german one pff its noting. the germen one does 2 shots a squad if your not carefull ir a good hit it goed form 5 man to 1 i have seen i happen like.. every day i play coh2 lol but i dont mind its part of the game. they got beter mortars and sov got beter hmg
22 Feb 2014, 02:53 AM
Patrion 27

i never ever get sov mortar compare to german one pff its noting. the germen one does 2 shots a squad if your not carefull ir a good hit it goed form 5 man to 1 i have seen i happen like.. every day i play coh2 lol but i dont mind its part of the game. they got beter mortars and sov got beter hmg

I usually get to vet 3 with my mortar with either faction as both have their strengths. Soviet is more accurate while barraging but Ostheer has much higher ROF.

And I'm pretty sure you're trolling because saying Maxim>MG42 is hilarious ^_^
28 Feb 2014, 15:39 PM

lol no realy i think maxim is a beter hmg in the game then mg42:) if you watch my brothers stream you see that troling is more for him
28 Feb 2014, 16:24 PM

I prefer maxim over MG42, just because mg42 doesnt supress anything and conns can sprint, walk about 2-3feets and molotov, and you win that tiny fight.
I once stole a maxim with my grens and it did much much better than the mg42's.. Im always looking for decrewed maxims to recrew them rapidly.
28 Feb 2014, 16:49 PM

I'd like to see set up time on MG42 tweaked a bit. Just a notch.
28 Feb 2014, 17:33 PM

I love maxim starts! The quick setup is amazing, I just attack move somewhere and it work like a charm.
28 Feb 2014, 18:18 PM

I love maxim starts! The quick setup is amazing, I just attack move somewhere and it work like a charm.

This is why many people use maxims to cap points without conns support XD
28 Feb 2014, 18:34 PM

but this topic was about mortars guys :)
1 Mar 2014, 07:26 AM

Maxims are nice on the attack, but they need constant babysitting. Ill take an MG42 over a maxim any day.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★