Login

russian armor

Can Relic extrapolate Unit use based game data to balance?

20 Feb 2014, 21:10 PM

I am a data guy.

After a game I like looking at which units I use, the stats etc for my game. Seems like there is a lot of value there. I can see what I damaged, what did the most damage to me, what units I used or didn't use.

Does anyone know if Relic consolidates this information and can determine what units are selected (indicating that those that aren't selected regularly) might need balances? Including Doctrines etc?

I ask the question because of another thread talking about the use of (or uselessness of) the StuG III AusF E. If this unit is NEVER used, it might need some love.

I know the comments about different play styles and even different game types but those could all be factored into the analysis and seems to be less random to help balance than what we see in patch and repatch work.

Anyone know?

Relic, want me to help you?
20 Feb 2014, 21:36 PM

I am a data guy.

After a game I like looking at which units I use, the stats etc for my game. Seems like there is a lot of value there. I can see what I damaged, what did the most damage to me, what units I used or didn't use.

Does anyone know if Relic consolidates this information and can determine what units are selected (indicating that those that aren't selected regularly) might need balances? Including Doctrines etc?

I ask the question because of another thread talking about the use of (or uselessness of) the StuG III AusF E. If this unit is NEVER used, it might need some love.

I know the comments about different play styles and even different game types but those could all be factored into the analysis and seems to be less random to help balance than what we see in patch and repatch work.

Anyone know?

Relic, want me to help you?

Yes, they have some data processing and analysis going on. They mentioned it in a few casts but they also mentioned they are not 'data driven' and that balance changes come mostly from the feedback they get (and from the beta version, I'm guessing).
20 Feb 2014, 21:48 PM
Patrion 14

Strangely, I just started using StuGs again. If you just view them as a mobile PAKs they are great. Powerful once vetted and half-decent frontal armour. I made a wall of two ro three and took out an ISU-52 and a brace of T34/85s.

Before the stat monkeys tear me a new one as to the impossibility of this, of course there were other units in the battle royal. Just that these units were the protagonists.

21 Feb 2014, 05:10 AM

Strangely, I just started using StuGs again. If you just view them as a mobile PAKs they are great. Powerful once vetted and half-decent frontal armour. I made a wall of two ro three and took out an ISU-52 and a brace of T34/85s.

Before the stat monkeys tear me a new one as to the impossibility of this, of course there were other units in the battle royal. Just that these units were the protagonists.

StuG III AusF E is what he is referring to, from the Assgren doctrine.
21 Feb 2014, 06:28 AM
Donator 22

In case Relic does not give out data, may be collect a few hundred replays and take that.
Will be hard though to collect enough....

Tourneys could be pretty nice start.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Netherlands 6
Germany 639
unknown 18
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L