Login

russian armor

Bizzare graphical glitching (nVidia 580)

19 Feb 2014, 08:03 AM

I just updated to the newest nVidia drivers AND installed the new COH2 patch so I am not sure what is causing this but basically, buildings look like giant spiky things and so do some of my units from time to time. I was able to capture a screenshot of a Grenaider squad with the issue, please have a look.

Should i roll back my drivers? anyone else having this issue?

19 Feb 2014, 08:11 AM

Here's another with 3 Gren squads.. Unplayable.
19 Feb 2014, 08:20 AM

Looks like modern art to me.
19 Feb 2014, 08:20 AM

You should roll back to the other version...
The new AMD beta drivers (14.1) was also glitching my BF4 so I went back and problem solved..
19 Feb 2014, 09:59 AM

its fine, your Grenadiers are from Dr. Mengele unit.

Thats all
20 Feb 2014, 22:42 PM

Yep getting same thing on my 460gtx with squads looking like they have jagged rocks coming out of them. Never had this problem before the patch and the new nvidea drivers. Any help relic please
21 Feb 2014, 06:22 AM

rolled back drivers , problem fixed. Im using drivers from october 2013 but they work fine so Im not going to switch them up.
21 Feb 2014, 14:35 PM

I am on the newest drivers on a 580 as well and don't have this problem. I've had this problem in the past with other games though and it was due to overheating. Even though you fixed it, I suggest checking if it goes above 90 degrees Celsius in-game.
25 Feb 2014, 21:49 PM

Hi people,

I am Hardy and I am one of the Community Coordinators at Relic Entertainment. You can find a short introduction of me and my colleague Val over here:

http://blogs.companyofheroes.com/2014/01/28/meet-the-company-of-heroes-community-team/

However, this is my first posting in this forum and it regards the graphics glitches that some encounter in CoH2 after installing the latest Nvidia drivers. Reports of this issue keep showing up on other forums, too and we take them very seriously. The development team is looking into it and we could use your help. Please send a replay showing the glitches (if you have one) and your dxdiag to hardy.schilling@sega.com This will help us solve the issue soon.

It seems that most of you are running a SLI system. Does anyone with a single GPU system encounter this problem, too?

Your support is much appreciated.

Thanks for your patience and your help,

Hardy
26 Feb 2014, 02:03 AM

Hi people,

I am Hardy and I am one of the Community Coordinators at Relic Entertainment. You can find a short introduction of me and my colleague Val over here:

http://blogs.companyofheroes.com/2014/01/28/meet-the-company-of-heroes-community-team/

However, this is my first posting in this forum and it regards the graphics glitches that some encounter in CoH2 after installing the latest Nvidia drivers. Reports of this issue keep showing up on other forums, too and we take them very seriously. The development team is looking into it and we could use your help. Please send a replay showing the glitches (if you have one) and your dxdiag to hardy.schilling@sega.com This will help us solve the issue soon.

It seems that most of you are running a SLI system. Does anyone with a single GPU system encounter this problem, too?

Your support is much appreciated.

Thanks for your patience and your help,

Hardy

Hello, and welcome :p
26 Feb 2014, 12:46 PM

Hey, I have a 590 GTX (SLI) and have the same issue.

At me some Buildings, trees and the most of enemy infantry (only when moving or doing something when pinned they transform back to “normal” again) are shown as such pixel mash. By the way the own units and all Tanks look normal.

Since 18.02.2014 I use the version 334.89 of gforce drivers. For me it worked perfect since yesterday than this problem occurred. It’s still playable but under harder conditions :D.

About replays ... I was watching the replay of the last game and there wasn’t any problem to see in the replay. I also started a new game and it was just normal. But yesterday it was the same, the first 2 games worked fine and than in the middle of third it started to be strange.
When it only means that I need a restart when it occurs than I can live with it.
26 Feb 2014, 13:25 PM

I will describe my problems, i hope this will help.

First of all, yes i have a SLI System (2 X EVGA 560 Ti SC).
I installed the the latest drivers. I went to play a 4v4 and i had this graphic errors (exact the same as the pictures from the OP). Then i started i skirmish against A.I. and had also some errors. Yesterday i rolled the drivers back (331.81 i think)and had errors again. But this happend at a online Battle. I watched the replay but errors are not showing.
So now i did a fresh installation of the newest drivers and played a skirmish game, no errors.
I think this problem appeers at online Games (more often maybe?) and if you have SLI. I does not matter if you disable it or not. The errors are still there.

I will test some more the next days (enable/disable SLI) and post it here.

P.S. Hardy_RE, welcome to the Club:-)
27 Feb 2014, 00:38 AM

Thank you for all the info on the subject, that certainly helps us finding the reason for the problem.
27 Feb 2014, 13:14 PM

i have since the patch had a couple of games were the map surface like on the snow maps is a dull white instaed of seeing the map surface and on the stepps map instead of the normal map surface its replaced with a brown colour that has no textures
28 Feb 2014, 14:12 PM

I can report the same graphical issue with the 334.89 driver on a GTX690.
5 Mar 2014, 02:10 AM

Same here for 780 ti
5 Mar 2014, 10:18 AM

So it is definitely SLI (for me anyways) wich is causing the Problems.
I played 1 game with SLI "enabled" and one with "disabled".
There where no "Errors" or anything else when it was disabled.

With SLI enabled i got this "artifact-errors" and this: The "healing -sign" above the Units (the white cross in the red circle when the units get healed) is not visible, only a red shade. And also all the arrows/signs when you click on the battlefield to order your units, got lost after a few minutes. What i mean is when you click on the map to order a unit, on the ground where you clicked gets marked with 4 green arrows, or when you use a MG and tell him which way to look, on the ground you see the arrow.
All this gets lost after a few clicks, you can not see them anymore, regardless how often you click on the map/ground.

I hope this helps.
I know SLI does not give you an advatage in COH2 because the second GPU does not help (i have 10% usage on the second GPU) but i lose the 1 GB VRAM. This gets disabled too if you turn SLI off. If its on, the Game usess the VRAM of the second card.

Please help us Relic!
6 Mar 2014, 00:16 AM

I had to update a driver to fix the issue with my 780 ti, it's all good now and better performance as well.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

United States 23
unknown 5
unknown 1
United Kingdom 152
Germany 25

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L