Login

russian armor

That RNG that COH2 has but not vCOH....and the Coversystem

18 Feb 2014, 18:06 PM
Senior Caster Badge

There is definitely way too much RNG when it comes to Infantry battles for sure, I just dislike how Similar Cons and Grens are at all ranges and their likeliness to win a battle at all ranges being the same. I wish it was more like Rifles vs Volks where Cons would win at close whereas Grens would win at Range, that would remove a lot of the RNG and put a lot more micro and tactics in. Like for example if they Conscripts started off with 2 PPSH's instead of 2 Rifles (rebalanced of course) but Grens started off with a G43. (Rebalanced of course) just a way to differentiate the two units and make it more about skill and micro.

Though I think the RNG of ramming a tiger is fine. When ramming tiger from the front, expect to fail the ram, and then lose the T-34 to the Tiger after it goes back to normal in 3 seconds. But a rear armour ram is pretty much always going to penetrate. The RNG sure gets messy though when it comes to frontal ramming a Panther for example, because there is actually a high likely hood of it going either way, and Panthers compared to Tigers are typically too fast to get a rear armour ram.

Against a good German getting a rear armour ram on even a tiger is incredibly hard. If the Soviet manages to outmanoeuvre and out play his opponent and get the rear armour RAM, disabling Tiger but then losing the T-34 to a Pak anyway in the hope that you can finish off the Tiger with an SU-85 before it gets repaired seems pretty valid to me. If the Tiger is unsupported and Ramobo'ing around the map by itself killing everything then of course losing it to a well placed rear armour ram is completely justified, it's basically the same as when Soviets cry about losing their unsupported SU-85, or when a lone IS-2 drives over a teller mine and dies to a Stug.

Though it'd be great if they could remove the RNG from ram entirely by making it so ramming the Panther or Tiger in the front is a definitely 0% chance to penetrate, where ramming it in the rear is a 100% guaranteed penetrate. If that is possible.

Though of course it'd be nice if Soviets didn't have to rely on such high risk high rewards methods to kill Tigers such as Ram, or hoping the SU-85's and AT guns manage to penetrate in time, instead of actually having a proper counter system and just getting infantry based AT weaponry that are missing from the game for no good reason. Like Americans, like Ostheer, like Wehrmacht, Like Panzer Elite and even like Brits.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Sweden 109

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight