russian armor

Combat images / uniform thread

11 Feb 2014, 11:33 AM
Patrion 14

Hello Community.

This thread is for images of cool stuff linked to the Eastern Front. Reasons -

1. Does cool stuff need any reasons?
2. What sort of stuff would you want to see in a custom skin;
3. To convince / persuade Relic that there is mileage in making cool infantry skins as DLC, maybe relying less on the sort of commanders that are alienating lots of people;
4. I like finding this kind of thing and talking about it with other WW2 geeks.

Dear mods, I think this is the right forum for this (see points 2/3) but of course if I'm out of line please feel free to move.
11 Feb 2014, 11:38 AM
Patrion 14

This is what our grens need to look like (summer). None of that silly camouflage, simple (if not dusty) feldgrau. Would love a unit that could upgrade to Soviet SMGs like this dude.

This is a badass PzGren in my humble. Not too different from the existing one but with accurate camouflage. For unit recognition in-game Feldgrau = grens and Cammo = PzGrens seems to make sense to me.
11 Feb 2014, 12:10 PM
Patrion 14

This has potential :D
11 Feb 2014, 12:36 PM

Permanently Banned
11 Feb 2014, 12:38 PM

Hell, no. Leave the grenadiers camo as it is, badass.
11 Feb 2014, 12:44 PM

The current grenadier uniform is wildly inaccurate. ImperialDane can tell you why :p

I support this thread!
11 Feb 2014, 12:46 PM
Patrion 14

The idea is for skins, dude. Nobody is suggesting replacing the vanilla ones, I don't hate them. They could just be better.

Meanwhile the modelling hobby is an ever-reliable source of inspiration. Show me a man who won't throw down a couple of bucks to turn his 'scripts into a Soviet Naval infantry iteration and I'll show you a loon! Look at the moustaches! Stripy tee-shirts! It's a bit village people but I love it!
11 Feb 2014, 12:51 PM
Honorary Member Badge

Meanwhile the modelling hobby is an ever-reliable source of inspiration. Show me a man who won't throw down a couple of bucks to turn his 'scripts into a Soviet Naval infantry iteration and I'll show you a loon!

No I don't want script naval infantry skins... only because I'm hoping for proper Naval Infantry to feature as elite infantry at some point :P
11 Feb 2014, 13:11 PM
Patrion 14

The moustaches should be mandatory :D
11 Feb 2014, 13:15 PM
Caster Badge

The Moustaches will be an upgrade.

As for the Uniforms. Yeah i'd like something better for the Grenadiers. Anything largely works. The problem with the current ones besides the weird colouring is that well. They're somehow magically better uniformed than Grenadiers :p And it also does not give the look one would imagine of troops that have fought on the eastern front for some time.

They should look mean, weathered and worn.

Not neat, clean and somehow well clothed.
11 Feb 2014, 13:27 PM
Patrion 14

Who cast 'Summon Imperial Dane?' :)

Yes, the penal troops like like Abercrombie and Fitch models, not a legion of the doomed force to traipse through minefields.

11 Feb 2014, 13:38 PM
11 Feb 2014, 15:57 PM

The current models used for the Soviets and Germans are historically inaccurate and based (according to what I've heard from the developers) on the need for the troops to stand out.

The most obvious one is the lack of great coats. Both the Soviets and Germans wore a lot of greatcoats in the winter although these were issued along with padded winter uniforms (Soviet) and reversible winter pants/coat (one side white, other side Wehr camo).

------------------

I do know a bit about German uniforms:

The current grenadier models are odd as it's a one piece bodysuit with wehr camo. Wehr camo uniforms were typically two piece (pants and jacket). The Wehr camo helmet cover was issued (most obviously to GD ) but was relatively rare.

The Winter Grenadier is actually wearing a Waffen SS fur smock. These were issued in the winter of 1942-1943 to the SS PzG divisions. The Wehr did not wear these.

------------

The PzG is wearing SS Pea dot camo helmet/pants, and not regular army. His jacket is regular Wehr reversible white/green. Overall his getup is odd and I've never seen a German soldier dressed like that.

The Winter PzG however, is fine- white jacket, white pants.
11 Feb 2014, 17:51 PM
Donator 33

The Moustaches will be an upgrade.

As for the Uniforms. Yeah i'd like something better for the Grenadiers. Anything largely works. The problem with the current ones besides the weird colouring is that well. They're somehow magically better uniformed than Grenadiers :p And it also does not give the look one would imagine of troops that have fought on the eastern front for some time.

They should look mean, weathered and worn.

Not neat, clean and somehow well clothed.

should grens look like this then?

11 Feb 2014, 18:23 PM

Permanently Banned

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 67
unknown 23
United States 10

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W