Login

russian armor

Elite Mod Continues - Version 2.2+

PAGES (9)down
23 Feb 2014, 19:35 PM
Donator 22

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Feb 2014, 14:54 PMKolaris

... and you may as well have simply left them alone and had a gentleman's agreement to not use them.

You very much nailed my problem. Lack of gentleman's agreements.
And I can completely understand your hesitation to touch OF.
23 Feb 2014, 19:43 PM
Donator 22

However I have been thinking we could start to address the ToV units. Before we even get to balance, what do people think about making them extra units rather than replacements? Decisions about what to build should be made in-game, not before it begins.

really interesting idea. Probably contrary to your attempts to make t4 more useful in 1v1, but nevertheless, I really like the idea. It will make motor pool and t3 more interesting if you can mix those units in game. Especially the phosphor rounds for the US and the super long range from the Geschützwagen do add some variety.
one +1 from me
Would not do it for OF though.
26 Feb 2014, 14:58 PM

Thoughts on reducing Raid CP to 1? With or without increasing AWM by 1?
26 Feb 2014, 17:20 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Feb 2014, 14:58 PMKolaris

Probably fun to spam jeeps into m8 with rapid response and cap the map in 2v2s :D
26 Feb 2014, 17:55 PM
Senior Strategist Badge

Armor doc would be chosen more then, because jeeps become so much better. I really like the idea tho, as im an old jeep/rifle user and the times i went armor doc i always wanted the Raid to be 1 CP, cause i felt that when i hit 2CP's the jeep already was facing paks etc,.
26 Feb 2014, 18:14 PM

I like, that there was the idea of improving jeep spam by a doctrine. However this ability only starts to be useful for the M8, which comes around 2CP. Jeeps get killed instantly by mines and fausts (a jeep with engine damage and 10% health is a dead jeep).
Theoretically 1CP reduced building time from LHS with 1CP Rapid response would be interesting for M8 spam.

However I have been thinking we could start to address the ToV units. Before we even get to balance, what do people think about making them extra units rather than replacements? Decisions about what to build should be made in-game, not before it begins. Replacement units (and bulletins) really have no place in a competitive RTS. However I can understand if people would like to keep them disabled just to forget they exist.

I vote to remove them.
28 Feb 2014, 20:07 PM

list with possible changes

It's basically my old list, having kept updated. I wanted to post this earlier but I also wanted to finish remake of Stuh first. Which I had a bunch of trouble with finding the right recipe.

explanations follow later

Do note, I'm still very open for changes like switching zeal and inspired assault in the Terror tree, but i'm not 100% convinced so I left those out for now.
3 Mar 2014, 21:51 PM

Download Link for Elite Mod v2.4

link down? I´ve tried firefox and iexplorer but gives me error message, file not found.

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Feb 2014, 20:07 PM12ocky
list with possible changes

Can´t really comment since balancing is not my thing (I´m too bad :D), loving the bug fixes... but there are some things I don´t understand like:

* American HMG reinforce cost from 0.5x to 0.3x, reinforce time 0.9x
Does it means 20% cheaper and 10% faster to reinforce? And how this translates to mp and time?

* Mortar damage vs airborne armor from 1x to 2x, accuracy vs airborne to 1x (from 0.75x)

100% more damage vs airborne? 25% more accuracy? If yes...why? Isn´t this too much?

Extra's / more options / random ideas:
* remove 'unit sniped' button

why? looks like a huge buff to snipers, they are already good.
4 Mar 2014, 01:32 AM

Gamefront doesn't seem to work for some countries. Anyone know some decent alternatives?
4 Mar 2014, 08:52 AM

Wetransfert is up to 2Go but only stay active for 2 weeks.

I'd like to see some fix on the halftrack/quad about the passenger's in/out animation. It's hard to save 1 guy by making him jump inside a ht. It's even harder to offload a squad and make the squad active.
Plus, who doess use the offload button ? It sucks, the vehicle search the area for at least 3 secs before sending the guys on the field.
4 Mar 2014, 15:39 PM
Benefactor 115

Gamefront doesn't seem to work for some countries. Anyone know some decent alternatives?

dropbox.com
4 Mar 2014, 15:53 PM
4 Mar 2014, 22:03 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Mar 2014, 21:51 PMCyru$

* American HMG reinforce cost from 0.5x to 0.3x, reinforce time 0.9x
Does it means 20% cheaper and 10% faster to reinforce? And how this translates to mp and time?

240(cost of squad) / 3(men) * 0.3x (reinforce modifier) = 24 (= same as riflemen)
Time from 12 to 10.8 seconds per guy
The reason for this type of change is that it currently it is actually better to let the crew die and just reinforce it with rifleman squad (instead of retreating one guy left). (cheaper / better veterancy / better gun on side guys / safer at retaining the gun)
Same goes for volks and MG42 but instead of veterancy benefits the volksgrenadier has 5 more health.
This change encourages to retreat your squad and reinforce it instead of it letting it die. Letting units die should, in general, not give benefits. It's just bad gameplay. (disregarding AWM.)

* Mortar damage vs airborne armor from 1x to 2x, accuracy vs airborne to 1x (from 0.75x)
100% more damage vs airborne? 25% more accuracy? If yes...why? Isn´t this too much?

It's just to give it the same modifiers as standard infantry and elite infantry. It's just a bug fix. Relic never did any balancing on stolen weapons. So if you were to steal an American mortar as Wehr it would perform super terrible against airborne squads compared to riflemen and rangers.

Extra's / more options / random ideas:
* remove 'unit sniped' button

why? looks like a huge buff to snipers, they are already good.

Yeah that's the reason I kept it in the 'extra idea list'. It's probably best to not change the unit sniped button at the moment.

But I very much dislike the gameplay of such a button, it takes away the cloaking aspect of the sniper and there are tons of players who actually don't know this button exists!
It's a silly thing that should have never existed in the first place. (It was removed in coho for this reason.)

To balance the removal out one could increase the reveal radius on all units.

4 Mar 2014, 22:18 PM

Since 2.XXX patch veterancy bonuses from support vet also affects volks and other recrew units.
4 Mar 2014, 23:22 PM

Since 2.XXX patch veterancy bonuses from support vet also affects volks and other recrew units.

(read again)

Yes

but their base health remains the same
5 Mar 2014, 09:45 AM

Oh okay, sry my bad. I was in a sleepy mood yesterday :D
14 Mar 2014, 09:57 AM

do please , armor doctrine would greatly benefit from 1 cp reduction in either branch
14 Mar 2014, 12:07 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Mar 2014, 09:57 AMkafrion

do please , armor doctrine would greatly benefit from 1 cp reduction in either branch

7 cp Pershing would be OP tbh, but ye calliope cp reduction does indeed make sense.

But I'm afraid the project is dead, not much interest to be seen these days. Then again, it's good weather outside in Europe past few days / weeks.
14 Mar 2014, 19:30 PM
Donator 22

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Mar 2014, 12:07 PM12ocky

But I'm afraid the project is dead, not much interest to be seen these days.

yep, but then, the overall vCoH forum felt pretty deserted after TFN left and Ami talked about his frustration about CoH2. After that, it got really quiet here around vCoH, not only the mod.
Although player stats are still fine, only a small decline since the beginning of February.
http://www.steamcharts.com/app/228200#6m

Overall, I like to use this mod for 1v1 with friends but the real hope I have is that one day, someone at Smoking Gun has good moment and copies those files into the next Steam release (if it is that easy...)
Still hoping for the best. As always.
14 Mar 2014, 22:28 PM

Yeah that was my main hope aswell, cause they were working on a beta and updates. And with Tommy stepping up there was a 'hype'.

But not a lot of fucks were given at Relic. (As usual :p)

Well if they would only do 24mp riflemen and bug fix like M10 misfire ... the game would be improved a ton by those alone.

After Tommy and Fatal Saint said goodbye, the future prospects of competitive vcoh tournaments went downhill rapidly aswell.

I did enjoy my time studying the game files in Corsix though. For example, it was a personal victory when I found out hedgerows could burn down.
And it just shows how brilliant the game engine is and the huge potential it still has to create an even better experience.

But I'll guess we'll never know. Life's a bitch. :-)

PAGES (9)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS