Login

russian armor

I don't understand why VPs exist in comp stomp.

3 Feb 2014, 17:14 PM

Simply put, youre wrong.

Those of us who actually play custom games through lobbies, and not just bitch about them, and want it back have had a lot of great and balanced games on the maps we favour and with the gametype we like. You may claim that the public lobbies was all about stomping noobs, but then you clearly did it wrong.

Lets look at the facts: Smurfing is gone and there is no visible stats, so reintroducing lobbies wouldnt satisfy those who wanted to troll noobs. On the other hand, you can "smurf" by joining and quitting automatch games, and you can have your friends on teamspeak and automatch together if you want easy wins.

Lobbies allowes people to play the maps they want, the gamemode they want, they can talk with the other players and do some basic planning and you can filter out the players that would make the game lagg. Sounds like a great deal to me.

And if you dont like lobbies there is an extremely easy solution: Keep playing automatch. How would others having fun hurt you?

Stats ARE visible. Bring up a player's steam account, get Steam ID, paste in coh2.org ladder search.

The point is that if lobbies allow you to choose your opponent then it's a gateway to griefing. Whether you do it or not doesn't matter, plenty will.
3 Feb 2014, 17:57 PM

Stats ARE visible. Bring up a player's steam account, get Steam ID, paste in coh2.org ladder search.

The point is that if lobbies allow you to choose your opponent then it's a gateway to griefing. Whether you do it or not doesn't matter, plenty will.

A few will, like they can in automatch, most will continue playing custom games and have a good time. Its not like anyone would force any of you to play anything other than automatch, but a lot of people dont like lagging, they like being able to play the maps they like and to play the gamemode they preffere. How would those players having a good time hurt you?
3 Feb 2014, 18:24 PM

Come on.. you can't be that naive.

The reason why lobby games are the pits is because it gives the hosting players the ability to choose their opponents, and they're looking for easy pickings. So really you're either looking to swindle some noobs to join a game so you can troll them or you're naive and you're setting yourself up for a big disappointment.

Once in a while you might get lucky and find a game where you get to build your pretty arty and watch the fireworks but you'll still have to swim through shit 90% of the time.

I feel sorry for this people, really. That's low. I would not to play with this players even in auto-match.
But you know, there are other people who will not be doing this because they want the exact opposite. To find a same skilled player and play a game and be able to choose the settings.

Look, i am not taking sides. I believe that everybody should get what he wants if its possible (and it is possible). At the moment only one side gets what they want!!!
3 Feb 2014, 18:29 PM

A few will, like they can in automatch, most will continue playing custom games and have a good time. Its not like anyone would force any of you to play anything other than automatch, but a lot of people dont like lagging, they like being able to play the maps they like and to play the gamemode they preffere. How would those players having a good time hurt you?

I would be for any custom match system that matches players based on ELO rating and against any system that allows players to manually filter other players.

Again, the point is to avoid griefing and impose a level of fairness. I want players to have a good time just as much as you, but I want to make sure (as much as possible anyways) it's not at the expense of others.

Traditional game lobbies wouldn't hurt me if I play automatch only but I do believe they would hurt the image of the game, if left unchecked. So no, I don't want them back. Not the way they were before anyways.
3 Feb 2014, 18:57 PM

I would be for any custom match system that matches players based on ELO rating and against any system that allows players to manually filter other players.

Again, the point is to avoid griefing and impose a level of fairness. I want players to have a good time just as much as you, but I want to make sure (as much as possible anyways) it's not at the expense of others.

Traditional game lobbies wouldn't hurt me if I play automatch only but I do believe they would hurt the image of the game, if left unchecked. So no, I don't want them back. Not the way they were before anyways.

You will never be able to fully avoid griefing, even the babysitting approach that COH2 imposes has several easy workarrounds, some of wich I already mentioned. Given smurfing is gone, and stats at least more than a click away, trolling other players would probably be easyer in automatch anyways.

Youre afraid that lobbies would give the game a bad name. I know for a fact that the absence of such features already have, as a lot of people have left the game because they dont like the gamemode they are being forced to play, or the maps, or the gamebreaking lagging in larger games. Considering all the negative feedback in different foras in response to the lack of lobbies I would say not having lobbies hurt the image a lot.
3 Feb 2014, 19:52 PM

You will never be able to fully avoid griefing[..]

But you can alleviate the problem and an ELO based system is the most effective way (assuming the playerbase is big enough).

Youre afraid that lobbies would give the game a bad name. I know for a fact that the absence of such features already have, as a lot of people have left the game because they dont like the gamemode they are being forced to play, or the maps, or the gamebreaking lagging in larger games. Considering all the negative feedback in different foras in response to the lack of lobbies I would say not having lobbies hurt the image a lot.

Relic's inability to deliver on all the features expected by players is likely due to their lack of funding during development and the whole THQ ordeal.

That being said, they have shown a great willingness to continue improving their game. So a choice of gamemodes and specific maps could still be added to some form of casual (custom) automatch. These features are not tied to lobby games, only one thing is: the ability to choose your opponents. That's the issue here as far as I'm concerned.

About the lag issues, and if you're interested in making the game better, I encourage you to join the Alpha and help Relic iron out the kinks.
3 Feb 2014, 21:44 PM

But you can alleviate the problem and an ELO based system is the most effective way (assuming the playerbase is big enough).

That gives you marginally fever griefers, while limiting your options imenesely.

Relic's inability to deliver on all the features expected by players is likely due to their lack of funding during development and the whole THQ ordeal.

I doubt thats the reason that lobbies arent included as Noun recently stated that lobbies were never planned. I just wish they had been honest about that all the way.

That being said, they have shown a great willingness to continue improving their game. So a choice of gamemodes and specific maps could still be added to some form of casual (custom) automatch. These features are not tied to lobby games, only one thing is: the ability to choose your opponents. That's the issue here as far as I'm concerned.

Honestly I dont see that ever working. Dont get me wrong, if I could chose map and gamemode, while filtering players with bad connections, I would be a happy camper. Problem is, such a system would require a huge playerbase. The current system dosent even take connectivity into account and still sometimes has a hard time finding players. The simplest and most effective way of pleasing the players that want such basic features would be a lobby. A lot of players use and enjoy the lobbies in vCOH. With smurfing removed and stats harder to come by we would see even less griefers.

About the lag issues, and if you're interested in making the game better, I encourage you to join the Alpha and help Relic iron out the kinks.

I dont feel like beta(alpha)testing a game I bought more than half a year ago. I think its great that they are trying to fix the lagg issue, but its still annoying knowing that I could avoid the issue if I was allowed to filter out players who were sure to lagg, like I could in vCOH.
3 Feb 2014, 21:52 PM

tl;dr of the arguments against public lobbies?

"There are cheaters in multiplayer, therefore, multiplayer mode should not exist at all!"
4 Feb 2014, 00:04 AM

Two ways of putting this:
(1)
Let the people who want lobbies have lobbies. Let the people who hate lobbies play automatch.

The other way of putting it:
(2)
Why the fuck are people that are against lobbies speaking for people who want them?

I guess all the people who use lobbies in TF2 are a bunch of noobashing, stat whoring guys?

And why the fuck should you care if there are people who want to stat whore and noobbash and act like tough shit?

If you don't like them just play automatch.

EDIT: trollic - releases a completely noncompetitive game, makes a casual community of it, then doesn't make lobbbies - play the tune we all know <Insert> MVGame </insert>
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★