Patrion 26

Soviets :

Worst Comander -> NKVD Rifle Disruption

Worst Soviet bulletin -> 3% Decrease Cost of Satchel Charge

Germans:

Worst Comander -> German Infantry

Worst Bulletin -> 5% Cost Reduction for flame HT

Worst comanders and Bulletins for u guys? Just the worst ones

NKVD worst? Woot? Just because it doesn`t have an IS2 or ISU152 doesn`t mean its the worst =)

German infantry commander is good too =) dat officer helps in early game while Light arti and fragmentation bombs help in late. =)
20 Jan 2014, 06:46 AM

I haven't found a single bulletin that isn't nearly worthless.

NKVD Rifle is probably the worst Soviet doctrine. Too much munitions heavy options.

Worst German? Probably German community defense doctrine. (tank traps one).
20 Jan 2014, 08:24 AM
Patrion 27

I really like the combo of Radio Intercept and Recon Overflight on NKVD! Propaganda can be very effective at times.

Bulletins though... ugh. Who in the world is using 2(TWO!) bulletins to speed up the cooldown of 120mm call-in or any of the 2-3% ability cost reductions?! These are literally garbage.
20 Jan 2014, 09:15 AM
Honorary Member Badge

Worst nazi commander, I think, is Jaeger Infatry- not because the abilities are bad per se, but rather because it's so similar to the superb Lightning War that it is rather redundant. Ambush Camo is fickle and rarely works, and the only advantage it has is that the howitzer shoot is superior to the rather pointless ostruppen rapid conscription ability. On the other hand the Tiger, at 9CP, is always very useful to have as an option.

Worst Commie doctrine? Urban Defense, I think. Conscript support seems to my untrained eye to be similar to Jaeger Infantry- it's good, but Guard Rifle has all the important bits (i.e. PPSH and HtD) while trading the niche Rapid Conscription and Conscript Repair for the extremely useful Guards and the situationally useful Howitzer. The incendiary strike is useful, but doesn't have the raw power of the infamous IL2 strafe.

Of course take all this with a grain of salt, as I don't have Urban Assault or Conscript support and there might be some incredibly potent strategy involving them.

As for bulletins, worst is the Tiger Ace bulletin- because you shouldn't be using the damned thing in the first place.
20 Jan 2014, 11:26 AM

Conscript support is actually rather good now that rapid conscription finally works properly. The ability to trade munitions for extra squads gives you a lot of extra infantry while not hampering your ability to get tanks. Conscript repair is also great.
20 Jan 2014, 12:48 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

Increased armour penetration on mortars...
20 Jan 2014, 13:06 PM

Increased armour penetration on mortars...

Lol I forgot that too
20 Jan 2014, 13:19 PM

German infantry really is horrible. If the osttruppen replacement was G43s instead it would atleast be a bit more usable, but the way it is now...yeah...never again. The community defense doctrine is very bad as well because trenches and tank traps are both nearly worthless due to their lack of health, hull down is of very questionable use which only leaves sector arty and pak43 which are both good but available in much better commanders.

NKVD is pretty bad, as is Urban Defense. Propaganda and Armored Detection are probably the two weakest soviet commander abilities. 1cp guards make the light AT guns nearly obsolete. FHQ is generally extremely bad in 1vs1 and map limited in larger games. Booby traps are just demo charges that you can't control but don't require an engineer to set. For NKVD, rapid conscription is available in much better commanders for it (ones with ppsh) and armored assault has strafe+radio intercept with two tank callins and field repairs.

Worst bulletins:

Anything that's -x% to munitions, because all of them are like 3% off 90 muni or similar. Mortar auto-aim bulletins because they're bugged and make mortars not hit anything (are they ever gonna fix that?). -10% to build time bulletins on callins, because you're obviously limited by the ability refresh on calling in these things.
20 Jan 2014, 18:52 PM

Wait, there are bulletins that aren't useless?

Also I still have yet to understand why their are build time decreases for call-ins. Are you seriously floating 1000+mp all game? Why?

Agreed, NKVD is really useless. Especially since to get full use of this commander you need to select it as the game starts.

For the Ost I find that many commanders are lack luster since they rely on munitions heavily. Therefore, I would say there are many mediocre to useless commanders, and a few good ones.
22 Jan 2014, 17:15 PM

Hello Folks, I think we are forgetting about Partisan Tatix, specially the one with radio interception.

Very useless bulletin: Increased armor for halftracks.
22 Jan 2014, 17:49 PM

Worst commanders with Soviets are the nerfed ones: Soviet industry tactics and defensive tactics. Not seen them used after the patch.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 8
South Africa 1
Germany 366
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %