Login

russian armor

3 Small changes to add strategy

16 Jan 2014, 13:35 PM

I have 3 small changes that I think would add some depth to the game.

1.Make molatov and rifle nade global upgrade - make molatove 2x the cost it is now to make it not always a "no brainer" make rifle nade upgrade substantial but less than molatov as it is less useful. ost would still have the faust without the need to upgrade but soviets would need to pay for at nades at 2x the current cost. This would mean soviet player would need to choose if they want early game inf battle dominance eith molatov or soft at options early - and significant tech delays if both are chosen.

2. Bring back pop cap in some way - doesnt have to be as drastic as coh, even if you are guarnateed 50 pop cap even if you own no map and get extra pop cap for map control. Good players should be rewarded for map dominance and "crazy comebacks" are just shit.

3. Change capping as its to fast - reduce cap by 30% if unit is passively capping, and make it full speed if the unit "clicks " to cap ( vcoh style) this would make it riskier as the units would take more damage but would allow faster uncapping/ map take over.

optional - make support crew die even faster at 33% extra damage, and increase dps and reduce the need for crits for inf kills - this would give consistency to small arms battles which is what is needed

What do you guys think?
16 Jan 2014, 14:16 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Jan 2014, 13:35 PMHS King
I have 3 small changes that I think would add some depth to the game.

1.Make molatov and rifle nade global upgrade - make molatove 2x the cost it is now to make it not always a "no brainer" make rifle nade upgrade substantial but less than molatov as it is less useful. ost would still have the faust without the need to upgrade but soviets would need to pay for at nades at 2x the current cost. This would mean soviet player would need to choose if they want early game inf battle dominance eith molatov or soft at options early - and significant tech delays if both are chosen.

2. Bring back pop cap in some way - doesnt have to be as drastic as coh, even if you are guarnateed 50 pop cap even if you own no map and get extra pop cap for map control. Good players should be rewarded for map dominance and "crazy comebacks" are just shit.

3. Change capping as its to fast - reduce cap by 30% if unit is passively capping, and make it full speed if the unit "clicks " to cap ( vcoh style) this would make it riskier as the units would take more damage but would allow faster uncapping/ map take over.

optional - make support crew die even faster at 33% extra damage, and increase dps and reduce the need for crits for inf kills - this would give consistency to small arms battles which is what is needed

What do you guys think?

On point 1 - I agree with molotovs/rifle grenades in their current state are both too powerful and "no brainer" abilities because of their low cost. I'd really like to see them become more of an investment so that there is more of a choice when using them. I'm not sure drastically increasing the tech cost to obtain them is the right way to do this, but I agree with your general premise.

On point 2 - Could you explain why you don't like crazy comebacks? Personally I find watching games like this most recent SNF (games 2 & 4) to be way more intense than having a KT + P4s + Mg bunker camping the middle of Semoskiy for 20 minutes to drain VPs. Coming back from behind in CoH 2 is still difficult with the munition/fuel disadvantage and can be so fun/intense to watch.

On point 3 - I actually really like this idea. It seems like it'd be the perfect blend of vCoH and CoH 2 capping. If you're in a firefight you can still stand behind cover and cap slowly but if you feel like you're safe you can "click" the point and cap quickly - but be vulnerable. We'd have to play around with the numbers but the idea is pretty cool. I think it would also encourage more flank harassment/cutoff moves because if the enemy leaves their flank/cutoff exposed a squad could cap points very quickly out of combat by "clicking" the point.
16 Jan 2014, 17:28 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Jan 2014, 14:16 PMCieZ

On point 1 - I agree with molotovs/rifle grenades in their current state are both too powerful and "no brainer" abilities because of their low cost. I'd really like to see them become more of an investment so that there is more of a choice when using them. I'm not sure drastically increasing the tech cost to obtain them is the right way to do this, but I agree with your general premise.

Constripts are no-brainer farmers and need no-braine abilities. ;)
Early game is good, but 1CP elite infantry is much more problem.
16 Jan 2014, 19:48 PM

Are the devs ever going to come back? Have they completely abandoned us? No one's vacation is THIS long.
16 Jan 2014, 20:41 PM
Patrion 27

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Jan 2014, 19:48 PMlink0
Are the devs ever going to come back? Have they completely abandoned us? No one's vacation is THIS long.

Don't worry, they said "we're excited about the future" a trillion times on streams and stuff... that's good enough right... right?
17 Jan 2014, 08:21 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Jan 2014, 14:16 PMCieZ

On point 2 - Could you explain why you don't like crazy comebacks? Personally I find watching games like this most recent SNF (games 2 & 4) to be way more intense than having a KT + P4s + Mg bunker camping the middle of Semoskiy for 20 minutes to drain VPs. Coming back from behind in CoH 2 is still difficult with the munition/fuel disadvantage and can be so fun/intense to watch.

On point 3 - I actually really like this idea. It seems like it'd be the perfect blend of vCoH and CoH 2 capping. If you're in a firefight you can still stand behind cover and cap slowly but if you feel like you're safe you can "click" the point and cap quickly - but be vulnerable. We'd have to play around with the numbers but the idea is pretty cool. I think it would also encourage more flank harassment/cutoff moves because if the enemy leaves their flank/cutoff exposed a squad could cap points very quickly out of combat by "clicking" the point.

Thanks bro. The reason I dont like crazy comebacks is its not due to skill its due to a silly resource/pop cap system. If there is actually a great comeback due to good play then it is awesome in my book. But I often see games lost due to the games inability to properly punish a player who has been losing for the whole game. That is just my opinion
17 Jan 2014, 08:24 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Jan 2014, 17:28 PMAradan

Constripts are no-brainer farmers and need no-braine abilities. ;)
Early game is good, but 1CP elite infantry is much more problem.

Im not sure I agree, I think cons could and should be all round troops - but there has to be a cost of some sort involved right now they can and do everything in every game, at check, ai check, flanking check, meatsheild check, smgs, check merge check.. its just too much there needs to be a cost to get these upgrade, could be time cost, vet or just mp cost.
17 Jan 2014, 09:12 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Jan 2014, 08:21 AMHS King

Thanks bro. The reason I dont like crazy comebacks is its not due to skill its due to a silly resource/pop cap system. If there is actually a great comeback due to good play then it is awesome in my book. But I often see games lost due to the games inability to properly punish a player who has been losing for the whole game. That is just my opinion

Exactly. Come backs should always have to do with skill, for now, they have kind of lost the thrill because you actually expect it to happen most of the times.
18 Jan 2014, 07:40 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Jan 2014, 19:48 PMlink0

they're do good work on the beta client, don't worry

it's just they like to release things as a whole, not tweak things one by one, it takes a while....
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★