Login

russian armor

(6 - 8) Pinopine Countryside

12 Jan 2014, 22:15 PM

Hey guys, i created a map, max size, called Pinopine Countryside. I am going to make a whole series of maps of all sizes, but mostly large ones. I love detail, however, and i ran into the problem that i found some sort of hidden max- objects amount. If i go over this exact amount, it crashes. The wb and ingame. This means i have to go under this otherwise it crashes during play, since units we build apparently count as well. (so for a player i count 100 max units, so for a map of 8 players .... that`s a lot). Now the map is hardly over-objected. You can check it out on the workshop if u want. It saddens me because now i had to remove a LOT of detailing, that really breaks down some fun for me. Anyhow, hope this problem gets fixed somehow. grtz Numen.
12 Jan 2014, 22:25 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Jan 2014, 22:15 PMNumennl
Hey guys, i created a map, max size, called Pinopine Countryside. I am going to make a whole series of maps of all sizes, but mostly large ones. I love detail, however, and i ran into the problem that i found some sort of hidden max- objects amount. If i go over this exact amount, it crashes. The wb and ingame. This means i have to go under this otherwise it crashes during play, since units we build apparently count as well. (so for a player i count 100 max units, so for a map of 8 players .... that`s a lot). Now the map is hardly over-objected. You can check it out on the workshop if u want. It saddens me because now i had to remove a LOT of detailing, that really breaks down some fun for me. Anyhow, hope this problem gets fixed somehow. grtz Numen.

Could it be some memory issue?

Firstly, I know nothing of programming/memory allocation/motherfucking digital magic, I'm strictly medical.

I have however noticed this, and maybe, if the map is sufficiently large, this limit can be exceeded resulting in crash.

Maybe this is all wrong, seeing as my maps have never exceeded 12mb when published, although I'm sure there is some compression going on when exporting a map.
14 Jan 2014, 23:16 PM

I'd like to see the map because I don't think there is a limit that can be reached that easily. Even on large maps. There's a bigger chance you used bugged objects that cause the crashes.

PS: Did you check the stat graph (can be found under "advanced")?
15 Jan 2014, 01:42 AM

Where's da map at?

Edit: for whatever reason it wasn't coming up in steam workshop before. Looks pretty good! Nice job with the river running through.
17 Jan 2014, 11:40 AM

Here is the workshop link to Numens (6-8) Pinopine Countryside.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★