Login

russian armor

Germans OP (ACE pgrens)

11 Jan 2014, 20:05 PM

Hi guys,

I'm a Russian player, who need some advice, on how to beat good German players. If any can help, please let me know.

Well, right now when me my mate play (Team games, or Random teams), we start with some map control, but always ends op losing in the end to Ace pgrens or ACE tiger, Elefant and u know it.

My start build:

Sniper car + 1x conscript
Shocks for pushing
T34 or 85.

Mates build
MachineGun,
AT GUN,
(maybe mortar)
Tanks T34 or 85's

We always end up losing in late game after a good start. When losing, is is always when our enemy have mass "Ace Pgrens with schrecks" or Ace tiger, or Elefant.

What are we doing wrong :O?
12 Jan 2014, 01:20 AM
Honorary Member Badge

If you are losing to armour, someone should look at going Guards and someone should look at T4 and getting SU 85s.

Versus PGrens with Shrecks:

Forcing them to retreat is good, killing them is better.

Strafing runs, Incendiry Barrage, KV8s are good.

You should be beating them with Shocks though

12 Jan 2014, 06:34 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 11

There are two sides to this: Your build order/doctrine choices and your tactical play when faced with those units.

If you go sniper car, you should really consider going with a guards doctrine, not shocks. The sniper + car is an investment, and if you're good with it your opponent will try to take it out - likely with a scout car of his own. You can counter it by going guards. If you keep a sniper car alive into the late game by protecting it and microing well, you can wreak havoc on those elite pgrens.

I suggest something like this for your build order: T1 with engi, con, sniper, car (or con), con (or car if you went con before).

From here, you assess the situation and save for guards, get another con + molotovs/at nades. You need AT nades, molotovs can be an option you might consider passing on if you opt for only 2 cons, and get later.

Your early/mid game play will be focused on forcing retreats with the sniper car, and capturing nodes with the cons/guards. Keep the cons/guards in the wings and in front of the pack to keep an eye out for scout cars or flanking grens. You should be able to cause a major manpower drain from all the sniper harassment and slow enemy teching.

Be very careful about your T3 or T4 choice. If the game is tight and you expect it to be a grind, one of you will need SU85s/Katushya to break up enemy positions and defeat German heavy tanks.If you feel in control, and think the most advantageous thing is to rush a T70 or T34 and put the game away early, make sure you're doing it when the situation calls for it. One of you will need T3 for ram.

If you're teammate goes T2, T3 pairs well with it and so do shocks.

Also consider the importance of your first few tank engagements in the game. If you lose a tank and your opponent saves his, it's going to be a lot harder going into the late game. You want to win the first couple tank engagements, and then keep them on the back foot.

14 Jan 2014, 17:44 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Jan 2014, 20:05 PMpixeldk
Hi guys,

My start build:

Sniper car + 1x conscript
Shocks for pushing

What are we doing wrong :O?

If this is everything you will build, just a sniper + scout car + 1 conscript + 1 shocks then your problem is having no field presence. You need a stronger infantry force to gain map control and outcap / cut off the german player. In general I think both of you should build a little bit more fighting units.
14 Jan 2014, 18:05 PM
Benefactor 115

shocks are not that good vs vetted pgrens, I'd say sniper for sure, but then save the mp and have some conscript swarming while your teammate builds maxims
15 Jan 2014, 10:55 AM

With a friend we only play 2v2 and we also had some difficulties against late game and particularly tiger and ace tiger.
The best options in late game we have found that work pretty well are :

with free commander
- IS2 !!! (i recommend one go on this !)
- T34 spam only for ram all Tiger if possible on flank or rear with IS2 and ziz doing damage

with dlc commander
- KV1, B-4 203mm (KV1 need to be combined with something else for damage). But it can not work well with a good focus of the German players on IS2. KV1 are here for tanking tiger. They have difficulties to perforate tiger armor. B-4 is very good to finish Tiger with recon to find damaged tiger.
- KV2 but they have to be protected!! (T34 RAM, Ziz)

For grenader and panzer grenader. Best options are shock and KV8
21 Jan 2014, 09:33 AM
Donator 11

T3 + KV8 is always a good choice, to be a real danger for any German Player.

He has to look after his tanks, to prevent any damage from the SU-85 and he can't rush in with his PGGrens, because the KV8 would burn them to hell, so, what the previous writer said is right and a good way, but at least there are many more options.7

I would recommend that you read just some Guides, from our high-skilled CoH2 players ;) always a good choice
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★