Login

russian armor

reliable way to deal with pgrens

9 Jan 2014, 23:21 PM

The easy answer of course is shocks at least as far as infantry is concerned, but what if a different tree is selected? I find the best hope I have at that point is snipers, and occasionally penals can do OK especially with some lucky flame kills. But it feels like I have extreme trouble surpressing them with even well placed maxims (sadly I can't guarantee that I'll get my hands on an mg42 cause those do ok :p), and cons naturally don't stand a chance. The problem gets compounded when the elite troops doc is picked by the axis and I have to deal with vet 3 pgrens immediately. Any suggestions or did I more or less sum it up?

It seems like this is almost the same issue I had with knighrs cross terminators back in vCoH.
10 Jan 2014, 03:55 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 11

Snipers, Penals, Maxims, Mortars, you name it, they all work. I even use cons to take out pgrens sometimes, but you have to fight on your terms, not your enemies.

Snipers are fantastic because they bleed the squad. Pgrens do a lot of damage at close range, but taking 1/4 of the squad with every shot evens the odds. If you want your sniper to counter PGrens, be ready to swarm the pgrens as soon as the sniper takes a pot shot. Fight them from behind cover, especially with penals. If you see them pushing towards a group of cons, run the cons away so the sniper can keep taking pot shots. A 2 man pgren squad is almost always an instant retreat. M3 + Sniper is great for this, because the pgrens don't stand a chance at getting close.

Maxims also work very well, and they suppress way faster than an MG42. Maxims are vulnerable to multiple squads, and they need support. The best thing you can do to fight PGrens is avoid engaging them unless you're baiting the into a trap. There is no benefit to fighting pgrens with 1 con squad. Use cons to scout ahead of the MG, if you see Pgrens, lure them into an MG by pulling the cons back. If you decide to go for maxims, I find them to be best in numbers (3-4 + a few cons).

As is the case with both sniper and MG play, they wont win every fight unsupported. Rule of thumb for me is: Only engage the pgrens if you have the advantage, or you're just going to bleed MP.
10 Jan 2014, 04:40 AM

ONE DOES NOT SIMPLY

DEAL WITH PGRENS
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment