Login

russian armor

Ridiculous Lagging

5 Jan 2014, 11:03 AM

Are they ever going to look into the lagging issues?It just seems strange that every game you play as at least one person lagging and after you kick that person out ,two other people start lagging. Hope this has to do with some fixable optimization on the game's part.
5 Jan 2014, 11:56 AM

port forward steam, and coh1/2
And turn the actual "firewall" off on your router, you have to go into your modems I.P via webpage, or network connections to do so. normally under "advanced settings"
and if you're using "PPPoE & LLC"
change it to "PPPoA" & "VC MUX"
May help with date traffic.

And with your connection to ISP, it will on "automatic"
change it to (G DMT) (if there's an option to do so.)

It could be you, or like you said.. the servers themselves.

but keep in mind, i had connection issues, and these steps helped me, try one step at a time,ne step may help.

good luck!
5 Jan 2014, 12:12 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Jan 2014, 11:56 AMVolo
port forward steam, and coh1/2
And turn the actual "firewall" off on your router, you have to go into your modems I.P via webpage, or network connections to do so. normally under "advanced settings"
and if you're using "PPPoE & LLC"
change it to "PPPoA" & "VC MUX"
May help with date traffic.

And with your connection to ISP, it will on "automatic"
change it to (G DMT) (if there's an option to do so.)

It could be you, or like you said.. the servers themselves.

but keep in mind, i had connection issues, and these steps helped me, try one step at a time,ne step may help.

good luck!
5 Jan 2014, 12:15 PM

Thanks for that,but surely on a 150mb connection one shouldn't have to tweak their router for this one game -Evrything else runs smoothly no issues except COH2 so it's defo the fault of the game. 8 people play a game and everytime without fail there is 3-4 people giving lag warnings-I don't know but it's not right
6 Jan 2014, 12:35 PM

There was a post from Inverse that pretty much explained this issue - you might be on a fast connection, and the other people may also be - however, that is only the first part of the route for everyone. Somewhere along the line there may be congestion which slows down traffic between you - and that is no fault of the game or your connection, it's just the nature of how internet communication works. The distance your traffic has to travel will also have an effect - if you're in the States, and playing someone in Korea, you're not going to have a very lag-free game whatever happens.

If you were to play this game locally at a LAN party, there would be none of those problems.
7 Jan 2014, 14:34 PM

Doesnt this has something to do with the high graphics/processor requirements?

I think it will help if everyone will lower their graphic settings or upgrade their pc. :)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★