Login

russian armor

Steam Sale, how have things gone since beta?

3 Jan 2014, 16:56 PM

So I originally preordered this because of my love of the original, but I found the beta to be very disappointing on many fronts.

What I want to know is: Has the game improved significantly since then? Does it live up to its predecessor, or am I better off just reinstalling vCoH?

Thanks!
3 Jan 2014, 17:01 PM

the balance has improved
less bugs
more maps
3 Jan 2014, 17:04 PM
Donator 11

vCOH was better for it's time but I've personally played over 400 hours of COH2 even with some of it's frustrating problems, I still enjoy it.

Balance still needs some work but it's getting there.

For 13$ I don't think it's a big risk :P
3 Jan 2014, 17:24 PM

It has improved and will continue to.

From what I hear from the beta bunny's some great changes are coming.
3 Jan 2014, 18:12 PM

CoH2 is going up or down.

lag has been reduced ( yet still present when you play against people with shit connections of course )

more maps, and custom maps are available at steam workshop.

better balance, buildings are no longer impenetrable fortresses.

chatrooms so you can play with strangers on custom games ( yet no one use them )

However,

the pay commanders are too gimmicky, and are shit.

relic still wants to stick to their gimmicky abilities that ruin balance like sniper sprint and ram.

the maps are imbalanced.

3 Jan 2014, 18:26 PM

It's pretty much the only game I play. Relic has taken the approach of tweaking balance for CoH2 rather than huge nerfs and buffs experienced in DoW2 -- it's an improvement. They're continuing to tweak every now and then and add commanders every couple months that introduces unique units and strategies to the game. As long as Relic continues to ignore all the knee-jerk reactions from the community and continues to improve the game, you can't go wrong imo.
3 Jan 2014, 19:18 PM

game was close to being balanced at one point. then cp changes and commanders like elite and industry destroyed that. its worth getting on sale though. i imagine playing custom annihilate would be fun if you get ppl to join.
3 Jan 2014, 19:42 PM

vCoH took a few years to get the level of balance it has, in my opinion things have gotten better from the beta. At the sale price its definitely worth grabbing.
3 Jan 2014, 19:45 PM
Patrion 14

It's a lot of content and game modes for the price IMO.
4 Jan 2014, 02:27 AM

Game would be playable if it wasn't for the fucking P2W bullshit. I mean, it is nowhere near as good as vCoH, and it would never be, but it would be fun and playable. The fucking DLC crap just ruins everything, EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!

Remember when that retard from Relic wrote a letter in their web companyofheroes.com saying that THERE WOULD NEVER BE PAID CONTENT THAT WOULD AFFECT THE GAME DIRECTLY... Yeah, fuck off.
4 Jan 2014, 03:14 AM

Game would be playable if it wasn't for the fucking P2W bullshit. I mean, it is nowhere near as good as vCoH, and it would never be, but it would be fun and playable. The fucking DLC crap just ruins everything, EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!

Remember when that retard from Relic wrote a letter in their web companyofheroes.com saying that THERE WOULD NEVER BE PAID CONTENT THAT WOULD AFFECT THE GAME DIRECTLY... Yeah, fuck off.

This is just rude, but the statement is correct. The DLC material is P2W, even when it gets nerfed later; it gives the player with it an advantage in between patches. Also for some reason Relic seems to make large changes that no one asked for in a couple of cases. However, if you are going to play ToW, campaign, and custom games you should get your money worth out of a $13 game.
5 Jan 2014, 18:13 PM

Interesting responses, thanks.

So I'm only interested in competitive multiplayer. vCoH came pretty close to perfection in this regard (although it fell short in some respects). How is the netcode? Leaderboards? Replay features? Competitive scene? I don't have the time to be a hardcore player but I like to see expert matches between skilled players etc.

EDIT: P2W DLC is a kill joy, and it's not as good as vCoH? Anybody have a counterargument?

It's not on sale anymore but I don't really care I would buy it anyway if it's good since I haven't played a good RTS in ages...
5 Jan 2014, 21:09 PM

I have invested quite a bit of time in this game, and it is not as good as vCOH was at the end of its life cycle (as to be expected), but I don't think this game has the potential to be that good either. The multiplayer is often laggy, from both limited netcode and few players online. Leaderboards are here now, and ok. Replay features are a step up from vCOH, but not that much.

If you really loved vCOH you will probably enjoy pieces of this game. If you are looking for vCOH2013, you won't find it.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 3
Korea, Republic Of 0

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment