Login

russian armor

How do you use your bulletins?

3 Jan 2014, 11:31 AM
Donator 11

How do you use your bulletins?

I personally use all 3 bulletins on 1 unit type to make it as efficient as possible.

I am wondering how other players use their bulletins as I see such a mix when playing against others online.

One popular choice I see is the use of veterancy bulletins, are they the most useful?

Which bulletins do you see as the most effective? I would love to see some of your input :)
3 Jan 2014, 12:11 PM
Honorary Member Badge

I think there's a discussion in the archive on this.

Recieved wisdom is to buff the infantry you will use all game and to get the early advantage

Unless I am trying a specific strategy.

Both:

Accuracy on Conscipts and Grenadiers

Soviets:

Molotov Range

Something else, currently Penetration with Guards.

Ostheer:

Panzergrenadier Accuracy

Grenadier Cooldown and reload
3 Jan 2014, 12:15 PM
Honorary Member Badge

http://www.coh2.org/topic/5229/guide-on-impact-of-bulletins

Some have changed since then, but the principles remain

3 Jan 2014, 13:11 PM

I use my bulletins to save 1 muntion on panzerfausts..................................................................................................................................................................................
4 Jan 2014, 01:14 AM

The bonuses are so meek and useless I rarely bother to touch them. Only values of 10% or greater would ever really have an impact. I prefer the

+ armor % for the ISU-152
+rotation rate and RoF for the ISU-152
-10% build time for mines and barbed wire (soviet).

Makes the ISU more worthwhile because the percentages are fairly large, and that build time card is more handy than you'd think, especially early game when you're trying to rush fuel/strat points and wire them off.
4 Jan 2014, 01:24 AM

The grens 10 percent build time, even though not much, helps get into a solid position the first few minutes of the game. 4 secs is valuable set up time to prepare to flank mgs or overwhelm a conscript rush. If you gren spam early its 4 sec-8 secs-12 secs etc etc .. that you save,
4 Jan 2014, 01:43 AM

Funnily enough I got to L90 earlier this evening and unlocked some more of them, so I spent about ten minutes in the Army Customizer re-reading some of the bonuses. I have four regular commander templates for each faction, so whilst the bulletins for each vary, the general trend is have all three regular infantry ones (recruit, officer + veteran), all three regular tank ones and then a couple which are a bit of mix and match.

Obviously it all depends on what sort of focus you're going to give each set, so for example my generally defensive Soviet set has the -10% mines/barbed wire building time, the +7% Molotov range and the +10% T-34 ramming range.

I imagine that van Voort is generally correct in suggesting that the most beneficial bulletins will be those that purely strengthen your basic infantry, as you'll see the most use from them throughout any given match. Mind you, in some games I focus on Engineers and Penals and don't bother to train any Conscripts at all.

For the Germans, I have a defensive set with the -10% bunker build time and a couple of StuG ones (StuG Lover + Destined for Destruction... remembered the names but not the bonuses) but the rest are generally the same as with the Soviets: all inf or all medium tank (as they're universal and so apply to both sides).
4 Jan 2014, 06:22 AM
Honorary Member Badge

See, I'm sceptical that less build time on mines and bunkers is worthwhile.

Given that mines cost muntions and bunkers manpower and usually muntions, the limiting factor is on income not build time.
4 Jan 2014, 08:58 AM

I guess veterancy bulletins are not that important in 1v1s, as you already get all the XP on the battlefield and your units do vet up quite fast, you just need to keep them alive. So I only use them for bigger games ( 3v3, 4v4) and on very late game units (like the Elefant) to make sure they will be able to vet up fast and be able to play their role even against a horde of enemy units that has been fielded before i got my hands on the tank. Considering the already fast vet-up of P4s and stuff I dont think its worthy getting these bulletins on something other than the very heavy late game and slow-to-vet tanks.
5 Jan 2014, 05:14 AM

Guys, you need to bear in mind that these low value cards are USELESS.

I can't remember exactly, but for the Penals +3% accuracy, it takes their long range accuracy from 0.27 to 0.2781.

Wow, ALMOST 0.28 accuracy...is it really THAT useful?
5 Jan 2014, 12:23 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

I like the faster reloading for medium tanks and atguns for 2v2, for 1v1 I just use the standard infantry bulletins and the increased firerate for the mg42
5 Jan 2014, 12:49 PM

Most of the time for the Germans I go with: Bronze Infantry, Gold Infantry, and that Grenadier buff.

This way nobody can guess whether I´m going T2 or fast T3 with Germans. I don´t like taking the Panzergrenadier buff. If the opponent sees that, I will face the proper counter to them. Also the early combat usually is the most important and regular Grenadiers are in every build anyways. So I don´t give away any information.

For Russians however I usually go for the Sniper and Penal bulletin. It just fits my playstyle best.

What´s also funny is to fool your opponent. Granted, I don´t do that often, but if you take three Panzer IV bulletins and don´t go for tanks at all, it´s funny to see how your opponent is massing Zis-guns that won´t help him. Actually this is more useful than the three wasted bulletins of yours.
6 Jan 2014, 09:25 AM

Bulletins are a marginal help. Fortunately. If they were game changers like som of the commanders, we would also have that to complain about.

But think about it for a second: how often have you not felt that a game was decided by a marginal outcome? By some scout car that got away with almost no life? Or by a gren unit getting a nade lucky enough to open the enemy line for a breakthrough?

Right. It happens. So exploit that extra margin by chosing the right bulleins for your strategy so that you get that marginal advantage.

And don't go all in on one effect. Unless you disregard the bulletins completely and only use them for disinformation, don't put like three armoured bulletins in. It gives your strategy away.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 40
Germany 33

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment