Login

russian armor

Question about COH2

1 Jan 2014, 19:32 PM

Hi guys,

I'm abouut to purchase COH 2 from steam.
What's the difference between COH 2 and COH2 digital collector's edition?

There are also 3 DLC's available. If I buy those, is it just like in COH1 That I have the entire game? Because I don't feel like buying COH2, and then the DLC's.

Hopefully someone can reply quick, because the limited offer is about to end soon.

Thank you!
1 Jan 2014, 19:40 PM

Collector's edition has some of the dlc included and a few cosmetic perks like unique vehicle paint and a faceplate. If you want to get everything the CE is probably the best value but i haven't done the math. Whatever you get it is like coh1. You can play multiplayer with everyone. You will just be missing some special missions that you can do with a partner but you'll have access to playing vs anyone else. Some of the commanders that you have to pay for are very good, but you can always buy them later if you get really into the game. And you don't really need them for single player or the special missions. If you need/want any specific tips you can add me on steam and I'm glad to help out - ciez23
1 Jan 2014, 19:43 PM
Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Check this link out. This page describes the content included in the Digital collector's edition.

http://blogs.companyofheroes.com/2013/12/13/company-of-heroes-2-digital-collectors-edition/

It's worth noting you only get the Case Blue DLC content for theatre of war. You will still have to pay for the other content afterwards. However it does not affect you ability to compete online.
1 Jan 2014, 19:52 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 117

Just to clarify, you won't get everything if you get the CE. There are quite a few DLC that are not included in the CE.
There are also way, way more than 3 DLC. You are probably thinking of the "Theater of War" (ToW) DLC. Those are single-player and co-op mini-campaigns.

In terms of DLC, there are the ToW DLC, vehicle skins, faceplates (which affects the loading screen for multiplayer), and commanders (which are like the doctrines from COH1). There are a lot of these.
I got the regular edition and bought other things piecemeal. The CE is great if you want some of the ToW content, a whole bunch of cosmetic customizations, and some commanders (some of which are good, some of which are redundant. None of the really controversial ones are included).
1 Jan 2014, 20:08 PM

So, if I buy all the 3 DLC's will I be able to play the game? It's too expensive to buy both the 3DLC'S and the game.

1 Jan 2014, 20:09 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 117

So, if I buy all the 3 DLC's will I be able to play the game? It's too expensive to buy both the 3DLC'S and the game.

You can play the game, no problem, with the base game alone. The other stuff is just extra content (a lot of it not terribly worthwhile, imho)

EDIT: what exactly do you mean by "play the game"? If you mean "play online with/against other players" or "play the campaign", then the base game is perfectly adequate.
1 Jan 2014, 20:21 PM

You have to buy the base game at the very least, everything else adds content to the base game. Buying dlc alone won't get you anywhere.
1 Jan 2014, 21:00 PM

You can play the game, no problem, with the base game alone. The other stuff is just extra content (a lot of it not terribly worthwhile, imho)

EDIT: what exactly do you mean by "play the game"? If you mean "play online with/against other players" or "play the campaign", then the base game is perfectly adequate.

I meant both. In COH1 You could just buy a DLC, and then play the regular game, and the DLC (the DLC contained the regular game too).

Thanks guys! I'll buy the game, and if I really like it I'll buy the DLC's.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 24
Netherlands 5
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak